Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

[CLOSED] RB 3.0.0 Import Playlist via Rekordbox XML Interface Fails to Load Cues/Hot-Cues

The title pretty much says it all...  If you load up an XML, the tracks import but the Cues are left behind.  This function works great in 2.x, BTW...

Attached is a sample of my bridge file.

pope

Post is closed for comments.

9 comments

good to know, I work heavily with Rekordbuddy that uses a bridge to transfer data from Traktor (I analyze my music with Traktor and KeyFinder then move the data to rb using rekordbuddy). This is a good reason for me to not update to rb 3.

Julia O 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I tried this and it works fine just so you know, not sure where the issue lies yet

this is what I did

1. set a few memory points and cues

2. exported via "file/export collection as xml"

3. deleted my entire library and all the playlists so its a fresh start

4. went into bridge settings and set the RB XML to read my test.xml file

5. enabled rb xml in view area

6. refreshed the xml in the tree and right clicked a playlist and imported it, everything in that playlist came over as it should

BriChi 0 votes

I haven't tried myself, but from what I read for rekordbuddy's blog here http://nextaudiolabs.com/rekordbox-3-0-and-rekord-buddy/

"The new Rekordbox re-introduces the issue of not being able to update your tracks from the bridge without deleting them first from your collection. It’s a pretty big step backwards but Pioneer is aware of this and hopefully will release a fix very soon."

Maybe in BriChi's test it worked because he deleted the library first? I'm not sure if this is the issue mentioned by rekordbuddy, but the rekordbuddy bridge is an xml file.

Julia O 0 votes

Not surprised RekordBuddy is having issues as well...Behavior of the bridge import function is different.

The XML file I generate is pretty minimal, it only includes the file name and paths, cue points and playlist order. I use the 'reload tags' feature to import the rest of the track info, and this all works fine in all but the first version of 2.x. The bug appears identical to the 2.0.0 release. Also, I usually always completely delete the tracks before they're bridged in again (resetting the grid is no big deal, but it would be really nice to use the better gridding engine in 3.x and not have to deal with the typical 1/8th note offset in version 2;)

Suspicion is that the bridge import function chokes on the track when it sees missing tag data and fails to import the cue information. I could make my script load up all the information, but frankly it works in 2.x and 3.x should be more robust IMO.

Super happy that folks are using a collage of tools with this stuff. I'm probably the only person out there using mixmeister as a playlist prep tool (originally digital performer...never made the break to Ableton, though in hindsight it would have been the obvious choice) so I wrote my own bridge to prepare a set to be played out

pope 0 votes

Hey Pope - nope, you're not the only one.

I use MixMeister to prep a playlist - it's the best tool out there for quickly putting a mix together and exporting it to hear how it sounds.

I then copy the cue points into Traktor and use Rekordbuddy to move them in to Rekordbox.

I have trouble with the grid points not always coming across correctly in to Rekordbox, but all the cue points work fine. So when I export to USB everything looks ok on the CDJ - the only issue is the tracks don't sync properly for those with the bad grid data - so I just make sure I don't use the Sync button on the CDJ2000NXS and beat match manually.

Richard Bolt 0 votes

Well, that's great to hear there is someone using that ancient tool.   If you're a perl geek, I could dropbox my script to you, but it is very specific to my situation...each playlist has their own dedicated tracks, enforced via a subdirectory for the set and hardlinks to the real library.

pope 0 votes

Checking to see if anyone still has issues when using the newest version of rekordbox (3.2 as of this post).

Pulse 0 votes

Have not had a chance to test it out yet, been hot and heavy on a consulting project.  Will get to that later this week or next week, and report on my findings then.

pope 0 votes

Marking this topic as closed due to inactivity and non-response. Should you still require assistance with this matter, please create a new topic and link back to this one for reference.

Pulse 0 votes