Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

9 followers Follow

[OPEN] Rekordbox 3.0.1 doesn't save ANY ID3 tags (sync with iTunes)

Hi!

My rekordbox doesn't save any id3 tags after when i change them.

Macbook

Main music collection: iTunes (11.3)

Dj music collection: Rekordbox (3.0.1) ((same problem was also in 3.0))

iTunes synced to rekordbox (only a few selections with Dj stuff )

When i use iTunes for managing tracks, playlists, changing tags etc - works well in Rekordbox after rebooting programm.

But after when i made changes at rekordbox there is no any results in iTunes or Rekordbox. I was trying to swith off iTunes sync, but still no working.

So there is some bug with tagging.

Hope that somebody can help me !=)

Baikonur Jevgeni

Please sign in to leave a comment.

18 comments

Not sure if it will fix your problem, but I've noticed that if I edit an ID3 tag in RB 3.x, I need to also click into another text-field box in the same info window in order for that ID3 edit to register.  It's actually a bit of a pain, as when I am trying to edit ID3 tags on multiple (dozens) of tracks, sometimes I forget to do this final click and I lose my last edit.

1] Open up the Info pane in RB3 for any track

2] Edit any field

3] Click inside any other ID3 tag box (don't need to type anything, just click)

4] The tag info should now be saved in the .mp3 file

Would be nice to also also have a feature to clear tags, rather than manually triple-clicking or highlighting each one then deleting them by hand... maybe an "X" beside each ID3 category title in the Info pane? 

Chris Mettles 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thanx Chris! It works .... until i reboot Rekordbox.... :)

Baikonur Jevgeni 0 votes

same problem… want to organize and sort music in rekordbox, but all work is gone after every restart.

maluinator 0 votes

Hello everyone.

Do any of you know if this has been fixed?

Having the same problem but have only just started using Rekordbox (and CDJ - 900 Nexus) and still trying to figure everything out so very possible it is something I've missed.

Have checked the box in preferences to write key to IDE3 tag.

Using Rekordbox Version 3.0.3.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

uncletones 0 votes

@uncletones > What is the filetype of the songs you're modifying the tags for?

Pulse 0 votes

@pulse - thanks for the response. Using a combination of formats - mainly .mp3 and .m4a, some .wav. Not using any .aiff.

uncletones 0 votes

Bump. Having the same issue. Seems like just the entries in Comments are not saved when closing down RB

Thomas de Jong 0 votes

@Thomas > Does this happen on multiple tracks or just one track in particular?

Mark Gallo 0 votes

@Mark > A bunch of tracks in particular.

To be exact, I replaced my whole collection with the comment "TEST" and then restarted RB.

Upon restarting only 10% of my collection actually still has TEST in the comment. Another 60% has comments I'd saved down a while back (via RB). The remaining 30% has the comments that came with the tune originally when bought or downloaded.

Doing this trick again seems to affect each tune in the same way.

Puzzled. Something in the syncing options? Or re-installing RB?

Thomas de Jong 0 votes

@Pulse > I just updated from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 but this doesn't fix it. Reinstalled RB, also doesn't fix it.

Interestingly I again put a new comment "TESTTEST" on all tracks in my library. Restarting RB leads to the same issue as above, however among the tracks that still had TEST on the previous run I did, most of them got updated to TESTTEST whilst some others still have TEST...

Thomas de Jong 0 votes

Rekordbox not writing tags to file. I'm new to Rekordbox and I've been trying out to manage my music library. I've updated the info on a considerable amount of tracks but none of the info is being written to the files. When I open the tracks on MediaMonkey or Serato none of the info I've updated is there. It works the other way around by editing the tags on Serato or MediaMonkey and opening on Rekordbox. 

Peejay C 0 votes

Have you tried updating your tags? Select the track. Right click and you should see that option.

uncletones 0 votes

Updating tags simply re-reads the tags from the file.

@Peejay C > Are you using iTunes? What is the method by which you brought the music in to rekordbox?

Pulse 0 votes

No iTunes, I hate it lol. So far I'm doing all this in Windows, haven't tried it on my Macbook. I'm using Rekordbox's built in Explorer to edit tags for my music library. I ran some tests on some new un-edited mp3 tracks I have and so far this is what I've found:

Not all tag fields are being written to the file and a good example of that is the Ratings field. If I rate songs (1 star to 5 starts) it works fine on Rekordbox but it's not writing anything on the file, meaning if I open those tracks on another music app like MediaMonkey the star rating is empty. Also on Windows Explorer if I right click on the same tracks, go to properties>details rating is empty.

If I rate those same tracks on MediaMonkey or Windows Explorer the star rating shows in any music app like for example WMP, Grove Music, including Rekordbox. So it seems that Rekordbox is only writing the rating to the collection and not on the actual file.

Another thing that I've noticed is that certain tag fields not always write to the file (ie: Label, Composers, I use those fields for my personal tagging system). Sometimes it writes to it sometimes it doesn't, but when I write on those tag fields in other applications including Serato it works fine and the info displays everywhere.

Peejay C 0 votes