Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Does anyone know how to adjust the platter sensitivity?

I would like my platter to be less sensitive to my touch, is there an adjustment of such? All help is appreciated!

Adobe

itsadobeok

Please sign in to leave a comment.

8 comments

Sorry, there is no sensitivity adjustment available on the DDJ units.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Well.. actually there is ;-) if you pay enough $$$ you could go to a Pioneer repair centre where they might be able to tweak it.. but ofcourse its no warranty or standard thing.

F!RMWAR3 0 votes

actualy there is, well for me atleast. looks like a engineering error in the way the platter comunicates with the software & hardware. the latency has a direct affect on the platter sesitivity and range of movement during pitch bend. to test it siply try the lowest latency on itch and pioneer asio and u will have a very sensitive range of pitch bend. likewise the highest latency on both will give u very low movment range with pitch bend and sensitivity. for me at the highest possible latency i can barely bend the pitch at all.

icewang64 0 votes

sorry pls note im talking about the software sensitivity of the platter not hardware. not sure what u were after. also mines an s1

icewang64 0 votes

@itsadobeok > Really?  Terrible?  There's no adjustment on any controller on the market.

@icewang64 > If you're finding that's an issue, you should raise it with Serato.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse> Yes really, I have two Vestax controllers that will make you look like a fool. Pioneer has been in the game long enough to "KNOW" to cover their options. When you take the options away, you have black and white.

itsadobeok 0 votes

My mistake, I forgot that the Vestax units have an adjustment screw.

Either way, I fail to see how this is "terrible".  Only the DVJ-1000, CDJ-1000MK3, CDJ-2000 have an adjustable platter yet people seem to be just fine with all the other products not having one.

Pulse 0 votes