Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Platter issue (Software related I believe)

Hi gents,

Just picked one of these up today, and have been messing around with it in Traktor.  Obviously there is going to be a slight learning curve involved, with settings included, but I've checked through the settings, searched for someone having a similar issue, and have yet to hit on what I'm dealing with.  I'll be cueing up a track on one deck, with another playing, and when I go to search through the cueing track with the platter, the song being outputted stops.  I have to either touch the platter again to get the track to continue or push play/pause obviously.  It seems to happen on some occasions and not on others, and is kind of frustrating.  I'm thinking that I'm just stupid and have to adjust a preference, but have yet to find that.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

geminimech

Please sign in to leave a comment.

14 comments

@Mike > Are you saying that you have a track playing on deck C and you're cueing a track on deck A (using the other control layer, obviously) and the playback on deck C stops?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

That is correct sir.  As soon as I touch the platter to search through the cueing track, playback stops for any deck playing (Deck c in your example).

geminimech 0 votes

Oh wait!  I misunderstood.  I'm saying that if I'm outputting a track on deck B, and touch the platter on track A while searching through a track, playback on deck B stops.  Hope that helps, sorry for being a dingus and misunderstanding.

geminimech 0 votes

Were you a Traktor user prior to owning the T1?  Did you have a MIDI controller and perhaps have some left-over MIDI mappings that might be conflicting with the T1's mappings?

Pulse 0 votes

I was using Traktor previously on occasion, without a midi controller.  I also did a fresh install, so I uninstalled traktor, and reinstalled the DDJ-T1 copy before doing anything.  I do own a copy of Traktor 2, (which I had installed in parallel to Traktor 1.2.7) that I'm about to try and setup wizard using the DDJ-T1 setting and see if that works.  I wanted to use the other two channels for sample decks anyhow.  Do you think I should try another reinstall?  Perhaps reimporting the TSI file?

geminimech 0 votes

@Mike > Uninstalling and reinstalling the software will still retain your original preferences files/folders.  You should go into the settings within Traktor and delete any MIDI configurations you have, then re-run the setup wizard found under the help menu to see if that resolves the issue.

Pulse 0 votes

Pulse,

It didn't work :/.  Still having the platter issue.  I did however, run the setup wizard on my version of Traktor 2, and it plays VERY nicely with it.  I haven't used the loop recorder function and such, and the sample decks obviously aren't mapped, but I read an earlier thread that you commented on that details how to get that setup.  I'm a little disappointed that it didn't all work out of the box (well, technically at least), but it seems like my issue is isolated to my software because by all indications, Traktor 2 is working flawlessly with 4 track decks mapped up.  I'll keep trying your suggestions, and maybe I'll get lucky and it works. 

Thanks for the time Pulse.

geminimech 0 votes

@Mike > There's likely something causing that to happen within the software, but it's always possible that it's a hardware glitch.  The only way to check it would be to test the incoming MIDI signals to see if for some reason the MIDI code associated to the play/pause button is being sent when the platter is pressed.

Pulse 0 votes

I would understand that though, if the issue was replicated within Traktor 2, but it is most certainly not.  I have 4 decks going, and work the platters to my hearts content with no issue whatsoever which is why I'm just about certain now it's software related, be it settings or a mapping issue.  I'll check the mappings for play/pause within the assignment table, and remap the buttons and platters.  Maybe that will help.

geminimech 0 votes

Hi! I have the same problem. Did you found the way to repair it?

TheManeken 0 votes

@TheManeken > I'd first check that you're running the latest version of Traktor and that you don't have any overriding mappings conflicting with the players.

Pulse 0 votes

Thanx. I've deleted all midi settings and devices and finaly it works. anyway thanx for advise and feed.

TheManeken 0 votes