Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

DDJ-T1 with Traktor Pro 2: light problem

Hi

Yesterday I installed Traktor Pro 2 (not the second version of the pioneer edition, but the full Pro 2 version). First the headphone didn't work, but after re-installing the windows drivers from the pioneer site it was solved.

All function do work well, only the lights of the cue, master & sync doesn't fully light up. I always use the adaptor . When I tried to use only the USB then the LEDs really shines very low. The LEDs of the jogs are working perfectly.

My laptop specs are:

Intel i3

4GB Ram

Win 7 32 bit

With Traktor Pioneer edition version 1 I didn't have any problem at all: everything lighted up as it should be.

Has anyone got an idea what the problem could be?

Vaganzza

Please sign in to leave a comment.

12 comments

Yes I did run the setup wizard. Everything works fine, only the lights doesn't shine fully.

Vaganzza 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

You may want to contact technical support; it could be a bad LED or circuit but I'm not sure.  Are the buttons functioning properly?  Other LEDs?

Pulse 0 votes

All functions do work properly. And I had no light problems at all with the pioneer version 1, the leds of the jogs works fine. It all started with upgrading to Traktor Pro 2.

It seems like the DDJ-T1 doesn't get enough power, even with the adapter plugged in (if I don't use the adaptor, then the lights do shine very bad). But it is hard for me to believe... Do you think it is possible?

Vaganzza 0 votes

The software would have nothing to do with an LED being dim; are you certain that the unit is receiving power from the DC adapter?

Pulse 0 votes

I'm really sure it got power from the DC adapter. Because the difference when I don't use it, is too big. Saturday I played at a gig for hours and hours without any problem (only some of the lights didn't shine at full power, as I said in previous posts).

Maybe I can better go back to my shop to test it overthere. Because this problem seems far from normal.

Vaganzza 0 votes

Pulse,  I didn't think it warranted starting a new topic since I am having a similar issue. 

My unit's jogs are not lit and one spot flickers on the left hand jog, and the buttons aren't well lit.  This is ONLY under bus power.  When running from the DC adapter, everything works as advertised.   The controller itself functions just fine (inputs, mappings).  It's not a HUGE deal, but if it's supposed to work100% under bus, and mine is not then...This is with both the Pioneer edition of Trasktor and Traktor 2.  Do you think it's possible that there isn't enough power coming form my computer?

geminimech 0 votes

@geminimech > That would just tell me that the USB port you're using is certainly not providing enough power to the DDJ-T1; nothing to do with the unit itself.

@Vaganzza > I would suggest hitting the shop to test it as even with the DC adapter the lights are not full-bright, then you may have a faulty DC adapter or faulty DDJ.

Pulse 0 votes

Pulse,

Thanks for the response.  I would have been better served just reading my user manual a little better :/.  Thank you for the timely response though.  I wonder how you guys put up with newbs.

geminimech 0 votes

@geminimech > No worries, sometimes it's quicker to ask than to go searching for something you're not sure how to find.  :)

Pulse 0 votes

Hey Everyone! I have similar problem with my ddj-t1. The jog wheel ring lights are not working. Actually when I switch on the unit all the lights are on - including the jog wheel rings as well!!! And I always use the adapter so whenever I use the controller it`s plugged. Everything working perfectly just the jog wheel rings lights NOT.

I use the updated Traktor Pro 2 from the very first day I never used the DDJ-T1 edition of Traktor.

Can someone help me with this? Thanks

GRG 0 votes

@GRG > Are you sure you have the DDJ plug in (to the wall outlet)?

Gavin 0 votes