Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

[CLOSED] Traktor 2 Mapper for DDJ-S1

Is it possible to get a Traktor 2 Mapper for the DDJ-S1.

Yes i know i could of get the DDJ-T1 but i wanted the VU Meters and i liked the DDJ-S1 layout better.

Now i know that the DDJ-S1 is branded Serato / Itch, i tried mapping the DDJ-S1 in Traktor but for some reason i can't get the Jog weel's and some other stuff mapped correctly.

I played around with the DDJ-T1 + Traktor 2 (My friend bought that model) it's working perfectly and all, i know both of the units are pretty much identical in term of midi mapping and features. (One might have a few more buttons to play with etc)

In the end, why can't i map my DDj-S1 and have the exact same feel i can get with the DDj-T1 ?

Is there something specially mapped for the DDJ-T1 (Like the Kontrol S4) ??

Or am i missing something....

Thanks and cheers

Cedrik Hudon

Post is closed for comments.

18 comments

You can absolutely map it.  You just need to know how to map it up correctly,  and to my knowledge there isn't someone who has taken the time to map it to traktor and post the .tsi file for public consumption.  Honestly, I know there are some features on the S1 that make it more attractive (like the 'Thru' option for the sound card, VU meters, etc), but if your home is Traktor, and you aren't comfortable spending the time to make the S1 work within it, then you should bring it back and pick up the T1, or buy a used DJM/CDJ-400 setup.  You can probably snag that for the same price.

geminimech 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

But that's a very weak respons....

I think they used HID mode and internal mapping for the DDj-T1, the same way they did (Native Instruments) for the Kontrol S4.

Thanks anyways for the reply,  was very helpful!

Cedrik Hudon 0 votes

The thread right below this one has a .tsi file that is almost finished.  Why not try to build upon that?  It shouldn't be Pioneer's job to help a consumer finish a settings file when they already invested time and money in creating separate controllers for both platforms.  I don't mean this to come off sounding rude, but if you want it mapped, then invest the time to make it work.  The platters are going to be the most difficult part, as the jogs send different values with respect to the speed that the platter is moving.

Your sarcasm is well noted.  I wish you all the luck in world trying to get Pioneer to assist you in getting an S1 mapped properly to Traktor.

geminimech 0 votes

I don't want to be rude or anything, am just trying to get someone from Pioneer to shed some light on the matter.

Are they using HID mode, Are they using internal mapping like it's done with the S4...

Of course both controllers they will send different messages, but in the end we should be able to MAP it exactly the same on both. 

I tried that mapper, half the stuff isnt working correctly, the guy is stuck pretty much at the same place as me.

I know how to map stuff, ive mapped a lot of controllers, but if this DDJ-T1 is mapped internally and with HID mode we won't be able to map the DDJ-S1 so that it performs the same way as the DDJ-T1.  Unless Pioneer or Traktor open up the valve for the DDJ-S1.

Cedrik Hudon 0 votes

@cedrik > A map may become available from an end user but you are unlikely to find any support from Pioneer.

Gavin 0 votes

уважаемый Cedrik Hudon...а можно увидеть ваши настройки...скин мне на dj-leshech@mai.ru

спасибо! 

leshech rus 0 votes

Did you try so to see how the jogwheels of T1 are mapped in Traktor 2? So that you can do the same with your S1.

Leonski 0 votes

У кого то получилось замапить DDJ-S1 нормально ? А то я стал перед вопросом, что брать T1 или S1. Хотелось бы пощупать софтину которая с S1 в комплекте идёт, но при этом иметь возможность откатиться на старый добрый трактор.  И кстати, кто то щупуал T1 софт, как он, уступает трпктору или нет ?

Best regards,

R.N.

Rostislav Nikitin 0 votes

Ростислав Никитин.....я уже привык к  Ичке 2.0 ! всё устраивает,выбор стал за S1 потому что у него оригинальный пульт,на много качественеё чем T1 ...так что я всем советую как профи только S1!!!

уже как 1 год работаю на S1 всё устраивает,не разу не подводил софт и девайс....

p.s..Бери S1 

leshech rus 0 votes

@ Ростислав Никитин > leshech рус является правильным. Использование Многие топ-диджеев ITCH, и это большое программное обеспечение. Вы должны пойти кближайшему дилеру и проверить PIONEER DDJ-S1 и DDJ-T1, чтобы определить, что вам нравится.

Извините за мой плохой язык. Google Translate является моим другом. :P

спасибо,

Foster

Foster 0 votes

Cesar E. Kyona  что ты этим хочешь нам сказать?

это моя работа DDJ s1 + трактор 2.tsi, и все вкурсе про это)))

я то думал,что что-то изменилось(((( 

leshech rus 0 votes

As before, Pioneer is unlikely to release an official map fo the S1 as its target market is Itch (with which it comes bundled).  The users are free to create and distribute their own TSI files.

Pulse 0 votes