Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Follow

Pioneer newbie - is my S1 usual?

Just got my DDJS1 and been having a play with the buttons and stuff before setting it up - I've noticed channel A fader makes a metalic click kind of sound when it hits the bottom, and similarly the crossfader makes the sound when it hits the left. Anything to worry about? To be honest it sounds quite good, just seems strange it only does it on 2 actions

I'm liking the noisy clicky jogwheels though!

Dan Cox

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

Nope, nothing unusual!

Congrats on your new purchase and enjoy playing!

Gavin 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Cheers, loving it! Saves me starting a new topic - is there a way to double the bpm? i.e - getting some 140s recognised as 70s and need to double the grid, thanks again

Dan Cox 0 votes

Yeah, that's easy to alter - go the library section and double click on the BPM field. Then press and hold Alt while using the Up or Down buttons to double or half the BPM.

Gavin 0 votes

Thanks for your help - I've road tested the S1 at a house party and it worked great!

Apart from one thing.. I noticed that the autoloop wasn't working on a couple of my tracks, and after a lot of experimenting have realised that I have about 50 tracks in my itch library (from itunes) that don't have BPM values, and autoloop doesn't work on any of these. The itunes symbol next to them doesn't show them as corrupted, and when trying to re-analyse the tracks the BPM still isn't recognised and autoloop still isn't working. Any ideas?

The process I have used when installing was literally open Itch, enabled the show iTunes library and clicked analyse all. I assume this is fine! When I add another 2 or 3 tracks in iTunes, does literally loading them onto an itch deck do the same as clicking analyse? I'm assuming so.

Thanks again!

ps. as a bit of an aside, the mic/aux thru switch doesn't make any difference when the unit isn't connected to the computer, I assumed that when it wasn't connected having the switch to off should mean no sound comes out?

Dan Cox 0 votes