Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Just got home from 1st Wedding gig w DDJT-1, Rmx1k, Djm800

So all in all went well ! Was my first wedding and first time out with the DDJT1 so maybe thats why it was alot to take in but still got the job done good. The music stopped a couple times randomly in the T1 I don't believe it was my error but then again it is a bit of a fiddly controller in some aspects. I was also mixing all diff genres for a large part of the night and on some tracks it works amazing on others it def takes a few seconds every time you have quickly set a new beat grid, then cue point and then possibly have to erase the first cue point that wasn't read correctly when analyzed...

I do have a question though..because I'm using a wireless mic system I do like the talk over feature on the djm800 so I really needed it...plus the double xlr out in the back...I was running the t1 1/4in out to line in channel two on the 800 and just left the volume at the top..I also brought my rmx1000 w me to use and ran it just how I do with my CDjs and mixer and that's send/return..for Some reason tonight when I did sound check and I had the Rmx 1000 on , the subs would drop big time in db and you could hardly hear them...no efx or eq were activated at all on the Rmx..ALSO I originally had my coffin on top of the stand tonight as usual with the djm800 in the center (left CDjs at home) and had the t1 on top of the 800 ( rests on top of coffin case mostly but was putting just a touch of weight n the 800) and the exact same type of effect was happening on my subs...I had to lay it down on a small table in front of me in front of my coffin...kind of awkward to lean fwd as well..I need to figure out a better solution for this setup or I may be leaving the t1 at home more and bring the CDjs back out...
I haven't figured out how to use the mic w the t1 it won't read my Line6 Receiver with is xlr to 1/4in which is what the t1 has..works great on my 800 and like I said earlier it's so nice to have eq on your mic as well as talk over feature. Any input from the guys on here that know their pioneer setups real good is very much appreciated !!

BoostNMuscle

Please sign in to leave a comment.

2 comments

@BoostNMuscle > For the RMX problem you mention, the volume could drop depending on the Input / Output levels you set on the RMX. Did you also, perhaps, have the Low end frequency isolated?

Does your Line6 Receiver require power from the microphone jack?

Really, you shouldn't be troubleshooting these things at a wedding - it could lead to bad PR for you.

Gavin 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hey BoostNMuscle

I don't think it's your subs that's the problem. Even when I'm mixing it out in my room with my DDJ-T1 the low frequency just drops then I gotta unplug and plug the jack back in. I use the right master out 1 with a 1/4in to 1/8in converter with a splitter, one going to the low freq speakers and on to the mid/high. I'd also love to know why this happens. It hasnt happened at a gig as yet. I use the master out 2 at gigs though and plug into one of the channels in a mixer as you do with the 800

LTDJ 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink