Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

issue with looping

looping works fine if you do it set your loops while the song is playing - while song is playing hit loop in, count 8, 16 or whatever you want, then hit loop out - works fine and it sets a pretty accurate loop.

The problem with looping is that is basically sucks when it comes to setting a loop at the very beginning of a song.

For instance, I typically set up a cue point in RB on the first beat of the first bar. I save this and then export track to my HDD.

Now i recall that CP on the 2000, hit play, count out my 16 beats , then hit loop out. The result is 9 out of 10 times a completely inaccurate loop. i have to go back and edit the loop in or loop out points to get it tight. This is no better than the 1000's, quantatize feature doesn't work for this.

One work around is to use the auto loop button but that is a pain in the **s for anything larger than 8 beat loop. (still don't understand pioneers refusal to offer a 16 beat auto loop option, they must not be considering house music)

BTW, all tracks are Quantatized and beat grid adjusted if nessesary.

anyone else have this problem? possible fixes?

DubLN

Please sign in to leave a comment.

9 comments

i usually do the auto 8 beat loop and then change it to 16 or 32 beats loop, and i dont know if the beatgrid helps you when you set the in and out points manually

Tarmadadj 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

the beat grid is supposed to help when you hit the in and out points manually.  that's what its for, and works beautifully when doing it in the

middle of the track, as the track is playing. the problem is when I start from a CP at the beginning of the song. bear in mind the CP is set in RB

in Quanatize mode so it is supposed to be bang on the first beat marker.

DubLN 0 votes

I think that's been discussed on the old forum: quantized loops do not work from a cue point, so that even when quantize is enabled we can create loops "off-beat" (ie not quantized). However as you say that is disturbing when one wants to create a quantized loop from the beginning of a track!!!

julienx2k2 0 votes

Try to, instead of a cue pint, set a loop in Rekordbox. Then you can easily start with a perfect loop, just call it and it's loaded. If you don't want to use the loop, just press loop out and you have a cue point instead!

The Henrik Maneuver 0 votes

nice idea Schwarz, oops i mean Henrik :)

I'll try that.

Can a mod tell us me why we can't create perfect loops from a CP? even if the CP was dropped right on the beat marker.

The only explanation i can come up with is that even though one can set a CP in RB with Q enabled, and it looks like it's snapping to

the beatgid, in reality it's not.  BUG?

DubLN 0 votes

Bumping your own post for an answer within 3 days will certainly not result in a quicker answer, not everything happens instantly and we appreciate your patience.

Pulse 0 votes

actually it was 9 days for a pioneer response pulse.  july 31 - aug 8. just expect to see a simple acknowledgement that they are aware of the issue (or not) and that it will be looked into (or not). not too much to ask eh?

DubLN 0 votes