Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Do We Have Quantized Hot Cues?

if not, I feel that this is totally essential. Most DJ Software I know has this function.

It would really improve performance. I just think it makes senses seeing as we have Quantized Loops.

It would make the 2000 into a Monster!

Kenneth

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

Hi Kenneth,

What do you mean by Quantized HotCues ?

Do you mean it should start synced ?

I should prefer to have the choice to use HotCues as play only during pressed (like samplers) than play synced.

Frédéric RICHARD 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Do you mean the ABC hot starts tr the 10 available cues you can create?

I believe what he means is will the hot starts snap to the nearest beat created by the analyzed waved in RB similar to the way loops do, I know it did in the release because I tried to start a hot start in-between beats and had to shut off quantize in order to do so

BriChi 0 votes

Hey Guys, Yeah I mean it would be better to have the Hot Cues Snap to the nearest Beat etc so there is more Precision during Preformance.        

I think this would enhance Creativity resulting in less margin for error. Look at what has been accomplished with the Loop Controls.

On the CDJ1000 it was quite risky attemptng to get a prefect Loop in the heat of the Mix.

I feel the Hot Cue Banks behave in a similar fashion,

Kenneth 0 votes

From the users manual:

QUANTIZE

The CDJ-2000 is equipped with a quantize function for putting a track on beat even when the button is pressed roughly, as long as the track has been analyzed with rekordbox. When setting real time cues and** hot cues**, the beat is automatically set to the beat closest to the position at which the button was pressed. 

BriChi 0 votes