Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

MP3 CD Problem - CDJ900

I have a problem with my CDJ900's.  When playing MP3 Cd's, sometimes they wont allow me to fast-forward or rewind to search for a cue point.  Also occasionally, if I insert an MP3 CD and selct, for example Track 12, it won't read it, and i physically have to turn the unit off and back on again.  Even once I have done this, its very rare that I will be able to make the fast forward and rewind buttons work. If I am using a standard CD evertything works perfectly, its only when using an MP3 CD!

I have the latest firmware update on both players. 

Hope that makes sense, it's really hard to explain when writing it! 

Cheers. 

Chapple

Please sign in to leave a comment.

6 comments

@James > Could be a bad MP3-CD, plenty of factors can affect a burn... What speed did you record at?  What quality is the blank you're using?  What program was used to burn the disc?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Pulse > Hi mate, im using Sony CDR's and am using I-tunes to burn my discs at 25x speed.  Is this not the best way to do it?  Shall I use different software to burn my discs?  Thanks for your help. Cheers. 

Chapple 0 votes

Try burning slower - the Sony's should be of a decent quality, but it could be the speed or your writer or the software used which is causing the problem.

Pulse 0 votes

I would recommend always burning at a slower speed. personally if I'm burning cds I use 6x but I know I am going overkill :)

Mike Barty 0 votes

Try to fast forward a track via link when you just loaded it.. and you guys will see it his the same problems ;)

F!RMWAR3 0 votes