Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

CDJ2000 gap between MP3's not big enough! Increase?

Is there any way of increasing the play gap between MP3's when using SD cards, usb etc with the CDJ2000 decks?

Basically when I'm scratching the begining of one song it can easily scratch back to the end of the last song as there is no gap. On CD's the problem was easily solved as you just burn a 2 second gap inbetween songs as standard.

How do you get round this with MP3's?!!!

Danny K

Post is closed for comments.

10 comments

@Danny K > You edit the MP3 to add extra time to the outro or intro of the track.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

The only way I see around it is to drop your tracks into a DAW and then export them with the gaps.

Vecchiarelli 0 votes

Like I'm going to do this for near on 2000 tracks! I do not have the time. Just thought there maybe an update for this as it something that may have been overlooked. As a DJ coming from vinyl and cd I'm used to having a blank before each song. I now also run virtual DJ as play alot of video and do not have this problem as you just have the one track loaded with as much virtual tmecode before the track as you need. Not having that blank can really cut down creativity....

Danny K 0 votes

I have to admit, this is really dumb that the players go back a track in auto cue mode, it is the one thing I miss from the other brand decks, i can easily load a track, it sets a cue and I can scratch right at the beginning without the deck going back a track. This really should be changed, if you need continuous play then take auto cue off, but with auto die on, it should not roll back to a previous track

BriChi 0 votes

A firmware update that addressed the behavior would be appreciated.

Vecchiarelli 0 votes

brining back this old thread because another DJ i tried to get over to the RB thing is now back to serato for this reason and wont buy the 2000's..

Will the engineers ever add to the fw so when we are in "auto cue mode" and the deck is active, it wont auto cue if we go beyond the cue point on the reverse scratch? or stop it from going to the previous track? This is really really annoying and I cant believe there is no fix for this, any hip hop dj that scratches on a first beat HATES these decks without the use of serato for this very reason.

At Pulse, Gavin, Foster or any other mod here, has this been suggested to the engineers to look into this? I know they are probably not dj's themselves and dont get it, but maybe someone can show them what the hell we are talking about and how ridiculous the platter control is setup for a hip hop dj, Obviously these things were build for EDM guys. 

They can simply either add 2 seconds in the beginning prior to the auto cue point, maybe stop it from going to a previous track on reverse with auto cue off, stop it from auto cueing an active song when playing before cue point, or if you load a track from the search field, let the deck rewind backwards instead of the jog wheel stopping at the beginning of the track.

so many workarounds can be added on an engineering end instead of the engineers expecting dj's to edit there whole library and re-encode everything just tp add 2 seconds to the tracks. The other brands of cd decks dont do this, why do the "club standard" decks mess this up so bad?

sorry for the rant its just annoying when setting up players and telling guys to just bring sticks and then they complain at about how limited they are now

BriChi 0 votes

@All > Yes, this has been suggested but I've sent another 'reminder' again.

Gavin 0 votes

Gavin, the other issue like I had last night is also if you load a track from RB to a player, and try and scratch on the first beat, the platter drift is ridiculous because the track has nothing to fall back on prior for a buffer when scratching, the platter marker just stops when you scratch back and causes the drift making it almost impossible to load a track from RB and scratch on the first beat

even with the Aero, DJ Flipside complains about the same thing, it's a shame Pioneer cant get this right when trying to scratch at the beginning of a track

he complains about it and gives it 2 thumbs down at about 3:40 into this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaipdG30eVY

BriChi 0 votes

Yup I agree, a firmware update that prevented the player from going back a track in auto cue mode would be amazing. This is why I still burn CDs to use with my 2000s 

syncroNot 0 votes