Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

[SOLVED] Error E 8306 with songs from Rekordbox

I get this kind of often lately. I'm transfering songs with rekordbox to a mac formatted usb drive.

On some songs it tries to load the song and then I get the E 8306 error message on my CDJs 350. On some songs it looks like it loads it halfway (it shows for a brief moment the song name and length and then I get the error).

Using MP3 scan+repair doesn't help: on some songs it says something about a bad xing header but others don't report any errors.

But transfering the song directly on a folder on the USB drive will play flawlessly on the CDJ.

This makes me believe that the CDJ can't read the rekordbox associated metadata with the song and will fail all the way.

aurasdoom

Post is closed for comments.

19 comments

@aurasdoom > Please try scanning the files with mp3val to eliminate any errors.

Where do you download your music from? Do the files contain embedded artwork? How are the tracks encoded?

Gavin 0 votes

I download them from various sources.

There doesn't seem to be a pattern. Some have artwork but most don't. Some are 320kbps CBR some are VBR.

Most of my tracks that are encoded with VBR ranging from 128kbs to 290kbs play just fine.

aurasdoom 0 votes

MP3 Scan+repair says that one of the songs has and MPEG stream error but the others don't report errors.

aurasdoom 0 votes

Ok, what are these various sources? The more information you can give us, the better we can diagnose your issue.

VBR encoded tracks really aren't the most acoustically pleasant and tend to present issues with different hardware.

Gavin 0 votes

I've reformatted the drive to FAT32 and so far the same songs that failed now work. This weekend I'll test more to see if any other song fails.

The only problem I have with this is that it's really slow to transfer songs to the usb drive now. But that seems like a good tradeof rather than having to fail to play songs.

aurasdoom 0 votes

Ive had this problem recently with playing tracks off my usb drive. I think the problem was caused by deleting the tracks off the usb from the finder (On a mac) rather then in Rekord box. When subsequently delating the playlists off the usb in Rekord box it obviously cant because they are not there. My CDJs however still thinks the tracks are on the usb and shows them on the display, the E-8306 message comes up when trying to play these tracks. The message basically means the track is not actually there, even though the CDJ is displaying it is. 

After trying for ages to sort this issue out, i finally found out how to do it. Wack your usb back in your computer and open Rekord box, then highlight the 'All tracks' tab then delete everything from it. After doing so export your tracks from record box back on to your usb, this sorted the problem out for me.

Hope this helps.

Mike Sanins 0 votes

Hello, for me the problem is the same 8306'' E'' after the player displays error display, the player stops functioning, it does not repeat the same track or on the same flash drive. Tracks are uploaded to flash drives in the same way Recordbox. I think the problem is in the player.

DJ_Papi 0 votes

I forgot to say that my track is loaded and even play around 1 minute

and then suddenly stops and izbisva error and blocks everything ..

Waiting for an answer, not to be exposed!

DJ_Papi 0 votes

@Mike > Thats because the 'information' for that deleted track is still contained with the database files hence why you should delete through rekordbox rather than Finder. If you want to delete everything you can just go for a full re-format.

@DJ Papi > It doesn't wound like a player problem. Just to be clear, you are using a CDJ-350 correct? And you are also using rekordbox? What brand are your USB sticks? Have you them fully formatted to FAT32? Where did you get your tracks from? Can you reproduce the problem on the same track?

Gavin 0 votes

Usb Flash Drive 'a-data'. Full windows 7 format with FAT-32. The songs took them from itunes and Bulgarian music, which is run by studio format'' wav''

The problem is not repeated on the same track, but in the same playlist, I do not know what happens. All music is uploaded to Recordbox playlists, flash drives will change and say that there is a change. Thanks though for the quickest response.

DJ_Papi 0 votes

@Papi > You should try another formatting tool as the Windows native tool isn't the best - we recommend the HP Formatting Utility.

If you could narrow down to see if this happens with a specific track, that would be great.

Gavin 0 votes

Hi I am having this problem and re importing my tracks to the usb, I have deleted the track from mixed in key also...still cant play certain tracks from usb with out e - 83 06 showing...I can play it on the rekord box play button tho?

Ricky Gallagher 0 votes

@Ricky > Have you tried scanning the track for errors? A good tool to use is mp3val. Where do you get your music from?

Gavin 0 votes

Hey Gavin,I have used a mp3 scanner,not the specific mp3val.i get music from the usual best port /djdownload etc an some tracks given to me.i think the problem could be in the cdj? I have the 850ks ,does it store history in there of a track,because I can see the track on the cdj but i can't play it.i can play it direct from rekordbox on my screen.really frustrating .i have a big gig this wkend an not happy with it.the certain tracks that don't wrk,will play if I put them on a USB without going through rekordbox
Thanks

Ricky Gallagher 0 votes

I am currently experience the same issue with my XDJ-AERO DJ CONTROLLER - I have used both Mac and PC to load songs via wifi to the controller and i keep getting the same error code.

I am using various sources of music - Itunes, Amazon, MP3, Aiff, Wav and still not getting it to work.

The player works great with a Ipad, Iphone wireless and also a USB but cant get the computer/laptop to load it through rekordbox

Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks

norval denton 0 votes

@Norval > Please don't crosspost to hardware forums that are different. We'll get to your question in the Controller section.

Gavin 0 votes