Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

5 followers Follow

[SOLVED] Traktor + 2x CDJ 350 not working USB 3 issue?

Hi!

I am new to both the CDJ 350 and Traktor.

I have done the following:

1) checked cdj's version, it is 1.0.6

2) installed the new cdj driver 1.102 on a 

ASUS Zenbook UX31E - i5-2557M / 4GB / 128GB SSD / 13.3\" / Intel HD 3000 / BT / Win 7 HP

3) changed midi channels on cdj to ch1 and ch2

4) Connected cdj's with usb to laptop on goes in USB 2.0 the other 3.0

5) pushed the midi button on cdj's to connect to laptop(says connect on the cdj) without traktor being open

6) opened traktor

7) downloaded the correct tsi file for mapping on the pioneer website

8) followed the instruction on the cdj 350 connection guide from pioneer

9) imported the correct tsi -350 file for mapping into traktor

10) In audio setup selected cdj asio

This is what happens : I get sound from both cdj's , but I can only use buttons on left player connected to USB 2.0.

On the right player not a single button works :(

I tried VDJ and then both players can be used as controller.

Could USB 3.0 be an issue? Can this be solved with a hub since the computer only has one USB 2.0 connection.

Or have I made any rookie mistake in the setup?

Grateful for input on how to solve this issue!

/Dan

Dan Larson

Post is closed for comments.

32 comments

Usb 3.0 should be reverse-compatible , Should not be a problem i guess.

But i think something is wrong with your mappings , is your CDJ assigned to the correct deck?

Sammy 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@ Sammy

I have tried all I can think of.... need new input on where to look or maybe stay with VDJ. Seems like a nice program?

What program do you recommend?

Do you think Traktor will add CDJ 350 in comming versions?

/Dan 

Dan Larson 0 votes

Your TSI mapping is likely for the focussed deck or a specific deck.  You will need to repeat the mappings for each MIDI channel so each CDJ controls the appropriate virtual deck within Traktor.

Pulse 0 votes

Hey Dan,

I'm experiencing the exact same issue and Pulse too is aiding me. From what I'm getting at, it is the MIDI Channel mapping that needs to altered for both individual CDJs to control their respective virtual Traktor deck, but where do I find these MIDI channels and their mapping options? 

Willem Osuch 0 votes

Hi Trancer!

I have tried to figure that out..... See attachment for where I think it is done..... Please let me know if you get it to work!

/Dan

Dan Larson 0 votes

Hey Dan,

So I am going at it right now as we speak and I am at a standstill. 

Yes indeed, according to your jpg file, this is where I went. I have messed around with Generic MIDI and for In-Port and Out-Port, I have selected All Ports. This makes both my CDJs able to control **only **Deck A and nothing else. 

I tried then assigned different controls in the Assignment box and now everything is wrong. Now, my CDJs won't control Deck A at all or anything else. I can still use my DJM to play around with the EQ and filter when pressing play via keyboard. 

I'm at such a loss here. Like you, I just want to be able to use both CDJs to control Deck A and Deck B, and have both channels on my DJM working as well. And I can't seem to record either, but I want to wait with that until I can get my full mixer to be compatible with Traktor. I got the TSI file that makes Traktor see the CDJ-350 and I can (at one point) control Deck A, so I know it's something to do with the input of both CDJs to both decks. 

I hope you can crack this rather frustrating conundrum.

Willem Osuch 0 votes

uh... You should select your cdj an not map it to focus but a specific deck (A/B) and repeat , should be fine then.

Sammy 0 votes

If you have your CONTROLLER MANAGER tab open in your traktor preferences

You will Have "Device" in your case it should show CDJ-350 1 and CDJ-350 2.

You select CDJ-350 1 and then to the right In port will be USB-HID/Midi and the device target would be Deck A

After you done the above :

Select CDJ-350 2 From the drop-down pick the other USB port in which CDJ-350 2 is plugged , And The Device Focus should Be Deck B

Hope it helped 

Sammy 0 votes

@Sammy,

Where you tell me to open up 'Device', it does not show CDJ-350 1 and CDJ-350 2 at all. Device allows me to use Generic MIDI and Generic Keyboard.

I followed the instructions on the PDF File, and so far, this is my progress:

Both of my CDJ-350 can control Deck A and Deck B individually now. I can press play and stop and the actions will follow up on Traktor. Deck A is also responding to my DJM's Channel 1 and the effects.BUT...the only issue now is that Channel 2 on my DJM is non-existent. Even though my second CDJ can control Deck B, I am getting no audio or signal that Channel 2 works. 

I've followed the MIDI Mapping instructions, CDJ-350 1 is on MIDI Channel 1 and controls Deck A without any problem, with Channel 1 on DJM working fine. CDJ-350 2 is on MIDI Channel 2 and can control Deck B, but Channel 2 on the DJM is not present.

Willem Osuch 0 votes

Actually, nevermind. I got everything to work now.

@Dan, read the PDF file and follow the instructions and you can get your CDJ-350s to work with Traktor 2.0/Pro 2.0. 

Thanks to everyone on the thread for the assistance.

Willem Osuch 0 votes

I have the same problem but I have a windows 8 I have 3 USB ports which two of them are 3.0 and the other port is 2.0..the cdj 350 connect to the 2.0 works fine but the other cdj 350 connected to the 3.0 USB port won't work!!!!please help!!!

Jerry villazana 0 votes

@Jerry villazana,

Firstly, props on having Windows 8 already .

Secondly, yeah, the U.S.B. port difference may be what is the problem, as the 2.0 port clearly abides the linkage with your 350 and your 3.0. doesn't. The only thing at this point I could recommend, as my memory on this issue faded long time ago as I got my Pioneer to work with Traktor and the like is to read that PDF file I posted a link for, about four posts up. 

Trancer

Willem Osuch 0 votes

@ trancer
Thnx man Im gonna try one more time today! I hope it works!!!

Jerry villazana 0 votes

I tried an still nothing on deck A.i only can control deck B!

Jerry villazana 0 votes

@Jerry

You've probably tried this, but I ask anyways, have you tried alternating Deck A and B in the 2.0 port? Thereby verifying that the 2.0 port can receive both decks if need be? Because at that point, I guess it's the port difference.

Willem Osuch 0 votes

I've alternated between ports and when I connect deck A to USB 2.0 it works fine but I connect deck B to USB 3.0 an now Deck B doesn't work.

Jerry villazana 0 votes

Well then Jerry, indeed it seems that the port differential of 1.0 is what is making the 350's incompatible with your PC. You need to run both decks via 2.0 ports for it to work. That is my best guess at this point, and I really cannot think of anything else that would be the issue or a feasible solution. I only hope that a Pioneer Admin comes by this thread and offers a bit more professional aid to you than I can.

Willem Osuch 0 votes

Yeah I hope so too!!its funny though cause when I use VDj I can use both of them just fine even when one cdj 350 is connected threw the USB 3.0

Jerry villazana 0 votes

Hey Jerry,

I guess at this point it wouldn't hurt to try it out.

Willem Osuch 0 votes

@Jerry > Yes, it seems there may be an issue with USB3.0 ports but using a USB hub should work (it has worked for other people in the past).

Gavin 0 votes

Just chasing up to see if anyone on this thread still requires assistance.

Pulse 0 votes

I still have no luck working my cdj 350 using traktor..need help!!!

Jerry villazana 0 votes

Yes an neither of the cdj worked.Are they different types of USB hub's?

Jerry villazana 0 votes

Hi. I have same problem. No communication with cdj-350 (and traktor pro). I have USB3 only.

With another computer and same configuration, all is ok.

But with a new computer (Dell with only USB3.0 ports), it doesn't work.

With USB hub, it doen't work

The CTRL icon still down.

Boogaert Stéphane 0 votes

@Boogaert > Please create your own topic to discuss this problem.

@Jerry > Was the USB hub you tried powered or non-powered? Was the hub a USB2.0 device and did you connect it to the USB2.0 ports?

Pulse 0 votes

The USB 2.0 HUB was non powered i just connected it to the only USB 2.0 port my laptop has.

Jerry villazana 0 votes