Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

20 followers Follow

Will the old CDJ 2000 get a firmware update as well?

Yeah the title pretty much gives away what I want to know.

Will the old CDJ 2000 get some of the features of the 2000 nexus?

Kid Ali

Post is closed for comments.

108 comments

lol yes BriChi is right.  And if you look at the release history, it's usually 3 years between each product.  Pioneer are right on schedule.

Mark90 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@ markoerregger:

That's exactly I tried to mention before, I just don't want to say it so clearly.

The fact is, if they would have supported their device correctly over the last 3 years and removed all problems I would be willing to say, ok, new hardware, new "power", here we go!

BUT, there were a lot issues and some of of them were even fixed in the 4.xx updates. Instead of the loops length choosing via needle search, there were no real innovation. Nearly no suggestions over the last years (auto hot cues load, key analyses etc.) were implemented, and that has nothing to do with hardware!

Xador 0 votes

Yes indeed. And ofcourse it is possible for the wave form display nothing new. like i said bevore its like upgrading your computer with new windows. of your mobile with new android.

And i think Pioneer wont do that with the (old) model becouse then its not intresting to buy the new one.But in my opinion they should doe something with the cdj 2000. Just make everything for the last time quicker. Make the sound better if possible, And make the wave form better. Then everyone can say yes indeed now its finished and it will work as it should. Jus add some things to make it for the last time better then ever.

gr niels

DJ Lionbeat 0 votes

Sorry, Pioneer is taking the piss by advertising new "High Quality Master Tempo" on the CDJ2000nexus. What the hell have we been asking for for the past 2 years! Absolutely useless.

Will K 0 votes

Yess indeed. And where is pioneer now to reply on our questions in this topic?????

They should do something with the new wave forms and make everything quicker.

And like someon said before pioneer will tell the cpu and bla bla bla is not quick enough thats only bull Sh*t and Pioneer nows that too.

But is am wondering if somthing is gonna happen.

And can you use the cdj 2000 also with link for thecdj 2000 nexusw?

DJ Lionbeat 0 votes

ahh my bad it seems that the 2000nexus were released alot quicker but i guess time flies!

I wouldn't start slating pioneer yet, they still do offer the best quality product on the market by a long shot and so far their customer response (from the likes of pulse) has been excellent... lets heed our haste and give them a chance with fingers cross

Barney Grossman 0 votes

@Will K:  Actually I'm pleased Pioneer are hyping the new Master Tempo - it's the closest they're ever going to get to actually admitting, without doing so directly, that I (and many others) were right from Day 1 of the CDJ-2000's release 3 years ago. :)

Mark90 0 votes

I believe that 85% of new features can be implement on older CDJ 2000. But nobody will do it :-(.

It´s pretty funny believ, that Pioneer will update CDJ 2k with some new feature. Maybe some tiny thing.

Just look on DJM 2000. It´s more than 1 year, when Pulse promised, that extra high volume of new sidechain effects will be repaired with new FW. And where this FW is?

We can expect maybe some bug update, maybe some little thing (Traffic Light?), bud nope new function.

Ondřej Mikulášek 0 votes

People i wouldnt get too excited about firmware updates for the CDJ2000 to match that of the 2000 Nexus. If they managed to update the 2000s to pretty much match that of the Nexus then i think they would struggle to sell them so dont think they will shot themselves in the foot with that.

I wish they could/would but wont hold my breath, Not that i blame Pioneer at all, its a business at the end of the day. I just hope they dont abandon 

the CDJ 2000 owners.

Kenfold 0 votes

Im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here. It is the announcement and I would hope they would implement as many of the features as they can. The new UI I would expect, otherwise its just lazy development on there end (my day job we do all sorts of dev UI work) I don’t expect the sync though it would seems that the unit is already accepting data that extra stream in a lan cable would not be excessive.

I would expect the ability to trigger your cues in a quantized way, really that should have been in there from the beginning. If I can write a log that can be quantized in real time that is 12 bits to do the cpu in this can run it. 

If you would like to argue this point about the hardware, I would ask you to look at the video game industry. Where a units hardware age has little to do with development. And the coding and devs ability to extract every bit of power out of the available recourses is what people pride themselves on. As much as I like the products that pioneer makes there development of software/firmware for the hardware is really sub par at best.  

Just my 2¢

Sadly after writing this I fell like giving them the benefit of the doubt not going to matter and they will disappoint me.

Scott Kilpatrick 0 votes

All possible updates for the 2000 will be announced as we get that information.  Some features will make it over but hardware restrictions won't.  If you have just bought the CDJ-2000s then you still are holding on to the industry standard players.  The new features within the Nexus are there as requests and development points.  Since it's day of launch, the info on our end may be a bit slow to get out, BUT as we get your questions we will turn around and do our best to get the answers.....

Jay 0 votes

i just bought a cdj2000, on the day it was delivered I see the nexus videos released....... new features on the nexus looks great, im hoping that it will be more expensive than the price i paid for my 2000, if its not and the new fw doesnt give existing 2000 owners any new features I'll be gutted.

Zeus Tunage 0 votes

Blimey, I didn't expect a Pioneer DJ to say what you just said!

Mark90 0 votes

Neils,

Some features from the CDJ2000nexus may be implemented into the CDJ2000 however we're not sure what those are at this time.  The waveform is something I'm fairly certain relies on newer hardware within the nexus and won't be available in the earlier model.  As always, watch the Pioneer websites, forums and social media for information about updates and releases.

Thanks for your comments.

This is a email from pioneer dj 

DJ Lionbeat 0 votes

I have my cd-2000s for 2,5 years.

From first day I played with them, I got really excited cause of the big screen but I also realized a few issues on these players.

The players got updated the last three years with new firmwares, some issues were fixed, some fixed a bit and some haven't.

It's been 3 years now and the only decent firmware I saw was v4.10. It took pioneer engineers 2,5 years to fix (in a way) the Master Tempo!!!

Who can guarantee that if I get the new cdj2000nxs, everything will work just fine ??

...and I am not gonna have to wait for the next firm to solve my problems.

Does it worth to update from cdj2000mk1 to cdj2000nxs right now?? or is it better to wait ??

In my opinion I think firstly pioneer should have released a new cdj2000mk1 firmware which will solve all issues and then announce the cdj2000nxs.

Dream Treez 0 votes

If i were you you better can wait for 3 years again. Becous then ther will be probbably a really much better screen due too all the new technologic. Becouse of the Ipads and phones are getting better and better. So that will take as everyone know a lot more time for the dj equipment has that kind of screens. And also everyrthing will be better, just my opinion.

DJ Lionbeat 0 votes

@Will K:  Actually I'm pleased Pioneer are hyping the new Master Tempo - it's the closest they're ever going to get to actually admitting, without doing so directly, that I (and many others) were right from Day 1 of the CDJ-2000's release 3 years ago. :)

My thoughts too,

Effect 0 votes

Also, I think very important is to be able to play with same rekord box exported flash drive on both cdj2000mk1 and cdj2000nxs.

Dream Treez 0 votes

why are people sooo excited for the zoomed in wavefroms? dont see the point at all....

Dj Daywalker 0 votes

@Gavin
Yes the sync open new dimensions for Djs,do you think cant this impleted to the Cdj 2000?But there is no button for this feature :D

markoerregger 0 votes

1900 euro and still that cheesy low res lcd... i'm not interested by sync, waveform & other useless things in my opinion. traktor is much better at this things that a deck will ever be.  i want one thing from pioneer and i'm pretty sure that is not possible: that they will make a deal with NI and integrate rexordbox in traktor something like this: http://i46.tinypic.com/2hxlfnb.jpg

at this moment rekordbox is a poor features software. the thing that is annoying  me is the problem with the collection that i have to analyze all tracks every time i migrate or install a fresh copy of the os. excuse m english.

oreste 0 votes

im not sure wether the hardware can do sync, but if it could you could just do a combination button press that would activate a marker on the screen that would tell you it is on. 

With out the sync, I think the hardware can and could take the incoming data from the other player or record box info and give the "traffic light- phase meter" this would not require and dsp to interact. It would just be the a calculation and display change based on information all the units are sending to one another and the mixer anyway.

It sounds like the next firmware will make sure the current model is sending all this data "Ver. 4.2 This update will make it possible to avoid certain feature restrictions when connecting the CDJ-2000nexus and CDJ-2000/CDJ-900 via LAN."There is not problem using the new units with the old.

we can hope

Scott Kilpatrick 0 votes

I sit back and wait,what the new Firmware for the cdj 2000 can bring us for new features...Zomm Waveform ...hope ;) Love the Pioneer Euipment so much....

markoerregger 0 votes

If you believe that you know a way for these features to be pushed into the CDJ2000, by all means, send your CV to any of Pioneer's global offices, you would be an invaluable addition to the engineering / development teams.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse or @Gavin - what about the waveform? Is that too much to fit in?

Barney Grossman 0 votes

@ Barney:

Read the post from Niels Leeuwerik

This says all...

Xador 0 votes