Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

20 followers Follow

Will the old CDJ 2000 get a firmware update as well?

Yeah the title pretty much gives away what I want to know.

Will the old CDJ 2000 get some of the features of the 2000 nexus?

Kid Ali

Post is closed for comments.

108 comments

@Pulse - Gutted :( Guess I better get my order in... I converted from Serato to Rekordbox due to practicality, the biggest thing I missed was that waveform... I structured alot of my show based on it and the little tiny existing one wasn't quite up to it... it really will be the main feature I'm upgrading for

Thanks

Barney Grossman 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Well, can we expect that the existing problems will be solved in the near future at least?

And with near future I do NOT mean a year!

Xador 0 votes

Being realistic the wave form isn't going to happen - but what's the chances of the other more simplistic things

Rating on the fly?
Traffic light system for key - how does this work? Does it just match text from the key field?

cdjbasile 1 vote

I think in the future many many Cdj 2000 is for selling :D

Good for me....

markoerregger 0 votes

@ Dream Treez > "In my opinion I think firstly pioneer should have released a new cdj2000mk1 firmware which will solve all issues and then announce the cdj2000nxs."

I said long time ago it was a disrespectful action against Pioneer's consumers (specially consumers of their top cdj product) all the incoming of new products and almost no improvement on everybody's requests and complains about the cdj2000 faults here. We kept expecting for new firmwares with great improvements and it never really happened. To me the 2000mk1 never really did what it promised. All the ideas people did put here for improvement were redirected to a new product. All the fixes we claimed so much are there but not for us.. They are all in cdj2000 nexus. 

High quality master tempo...!!!! LOL It's like Pioneer itself signing down all of us have a low quality master tempo right now! 

Dunno why but I feel like a rat lab right now! ...and I really quit expecting for a decent firmware now... they will focus on what the nexus cdj new consumers will present so they can push all the prossible fixes for them to a new product they will release in 3 years from today.

Right now I will put my cdjs2000 for sale and go for timecoded vinyl. This was like spitting on who spent money on those cdjs.

... and seriously!!!! pro dj gear with sync button???? LOL

Stroboscope 0 votes

@Xador > It depends on what you consider a problem vs. the engineers.

@Stroboscope > There were many features that could not be implemented into the hardware of the existing 2000, hence the upgrade to the 2000nexus.

Firmware will continue to roll out for all production models.

And yes, a sync button.  Get over it.

Pulse 0 votes

I don’t understand the problem with having the sync button (to each there own, you don’t like it don’t use it) I never understood the big deal with the HID and traktor. They seems like really expensive control surfaces.

And I can understand the hardware problem with displaying the waveform in real time as well. 

Things like the autoload cue seems like a no brainer right?

The cdj also has the ability to track the tempo of the playing track if there is no record box data. And it is loading incoming data for the songs. Now I suppose the current hardware upstream is not meant to take in constant feed stream and would cause a huge bottle neck if you feed it one (I have never seen the code for how this is set up within the cdj) but im going to assume that the buffer runner for the audio is loading almost the whole file caching that is not a big deal. So that should free up a good deal of load on the chipset that is not the dsp where the song should be in cache and playing. So it seems with the extra maybe 10bit per cycle you could load and then on the next cycle calculate, a ping or click from the other unit. 

Or you could set it up so that it works from the laptop and use the resources from the laptop. So if you were running the cdj-djm LAN setup it plays nice with the audio drive out of the mixer and you are only sending track and control information (that the system already is creating) via lan. At that point you will have freed up all the cache in the player. 

Just off the top of my head, but like I said I have not actually plugged it into my system and gone into the weeds on the cdj. That is what I would do first if it were on the xbox.

Scott Kilpatrick 0 votes

@ Pulse:

It needs over 2,5 years to fix the issues nearly! And the current MT for me is not useable! Also the quantized loops are not correct, as well as looping from an manual set cue point. This is a main feature which IS NOT WORKING!!!

I know, we have and it seems always will have a different opinion as well as the DJM 2000 story, but for a player in this price category Pioneer MSUT DELIVER AND FIX THE ISSUES or do not throw it on the market! The CDJ 2000 issues you could easy see by some simple testing!

And the DJM 2000 issues where house made! It worked fine till the last update, nearly 1 1/4 year ago.

For me, and as I wrote the whole story in another post that you have friendly deleted, it is not acceptable how Pioneer behave. And if you where honest I wouldn't be for you as well if you were costumer!

So I'm 100% with Stroboscope! Throwing 100 products on the market and don't care of the existing one which were sold for a lot good money! And now we have to buy new players for 2k or more to get the issues fixed... I really feel conned!

Xador 0 votes

@Mark90 sorry, I didn't pay $$$ for a subpar master tempo. As soon as the service manual is available for the CDJ2000nexus I'll buy it and I'll see whether they've updated the DSPs. If they have, fair enough, it was a bad design choice on the original CDJ2000. If not, it's just poor programming.

Apart from the built-in wifi I think all these features could have been implemented on the CDJ2000 - even the sync button could be replicated with a combination of key presses. The only reason they couldn't implement these on the current hardware would be a requirement on a faster CPU. My guess is they could,  but don't want to so they can sell the newer wifi versions. That seems pretty normal to me.

I still surprised that with the color screen, they haven't upgraded to using color waveforms a la Traktor or Serato.

Will K 0 votes

I think it's unfortunately just the way the industry is going. Pioneer and others feel the need to rush out half finished products and hope future firmware updates solve any issues raised, which in this case it seems hasn't happened.

I'm sure a lot of owners will be once bitten, twice shy now as it seems a lot of the issues we all raise have been forwarded to the new model and the firmware has certainly been limited to what issues it can fix. Leaving us with players that seem to have if anything more issues that older models

Back in the days of the 1000, If it was sold half finished (when firmware wasn't about to make adjustments), I doubt cdjs would be the industry standard now...

cdjbasile 0 votes

Apologies I had split paragraphs and punctuated but it seems it lost the formatting when posted!

cdjbasile 0 votes

These new players do not have built in WiFi. You have to connect them to a WiFi router.

Morgo 0 votes

which I hope works ok, anytime I see someone use a router they have "waiting" issues

BriChi 0 votes

Pioneer hasn't rushed out these products - believe me... they were delayed several months so they could polish them up.

Pulse 0 votes

Pulse, any word on when these are supposed to hit stores? I couldnt find anything

BriChi 0 votes

I certainly didn't delete anything today - been out of the house and offline for the last 7 hours, so I didn't even see the post, but I should have it in my email as I am notified of all posts made on the forums.  I replied to that other thread for you.

Pulse 0 votes

The sync button is a sure sign that these machines are rapidly evolving beyond human control and beat grids will become self aware........ We must shut down skynet before it spreads through rekordbox link

Judgement day is inevitable

Muscle hamster 0 votes

Don't get to worked up about the new "Sync" button guys, there'sno guarantee it'll actualy work.

Slip mode is the only usefull one I need, but I'm not intending to throw any more money in the direction of Pioneer just yet.

Effect 0 votes

@Effect yes i understand you every 3 years the user must a lot spend of money to have the newest technical unit.Master tempo on the new is high end,and on the old is it shit?
We wait for over 1 year of an top master tempo,but this feature always work with the new.Sorry but this is an over priced gear for Paris Hillton or David Baguetta :D

markoerregger 0 votes

now I see it on the top again, so I apologize for my mistake!! 

Dream Treez 0 votes

Like they respect the DJM 2000 owners? XD

Face it, they already say there will be no possibility for example wave forms, 'cause "the hardware is too slow"!

And this will be the argument for every new feature.

And for my part, I do not believe that many new parts are inside the new players! They try to reduce cost like everyone by using still engineered and standard parts! Actual most will be done by firmware update.

Xador 0 votes

Well the power cable, USB and ethernet plugs on the back are all differnt and in differnt places compared to the 2000's so a fair bit of the insides have to be updated. And why would you keep buying chips and ram that were sourced over three years ago when you could source better cheaper ones today.

Morgo 0 votes

@ markoerregger:

Well, I should paid more attention @ school to handle the trouble with Pioneer later on! XD

Btw, I know you from somewhere... Are you from Swiss?

Xador 0 votes

Ok, I sold some DJ Gear a couple of years ago with someone who has the same name! :-P

Xador 0 votes