Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

11 followers Follow

CDJ2000 NEXUS

I have got to be totally honest with you guys, and the truth may hurt. I was raised on 4 Technic turntables spinning vinyl, and purchased an ns7 for mobile gigs to make the transaction to digital gear. I recently purchased 2 cdj2000 nexus' and a djm900 nexus (with the plan on having 4 cdj2000 nexus to come). While the mixer I find to be great, I must say that the 2000 nexus' are the biggest pieces of crap I have ever bought for the money! I have had problems with them since day one. Freezing, not loading, emergency looping, etc. I almost feel stupid to have bought them in the first place. With their hefty price tag, I can honestly say I'd rather use my ns7 then these pieces of garbage. I can't make it through a single set without rebooting the units, and still encountering problems. For a company that is supposed to be the "industry standard", I am embarrassed for you... to release a product without testing it first. I am at the point, if this software upgrade does not fix the problems I am encountering, I will be returning the products. It is pitiful to say the least.

DJKIDQUEST

Post is closed for comments.

34 comments

My system

DJM2000 f/w 3.18

CDJ2000 mk1 x 2 f/w 4.05

CDJ1000mk3 x2

Technics 1210

Rekord box 1.53 (very stable)

I gotta say that the more I play this rig at the momment the more the more I love to play it , I have so much choice in the mix an so much confidence with the gear  that it leaves me with a massive grin on my boat race, I know alot of people have got problems  but the trick is to get it all working on form and then it just blows me away every time  although I still feel cheated about the rather dodgey sounding master tempo on the mk1's and I wish Pioneer would get it fixed ,but on the whole I can play this kit for hours and hours although I think half of it is about the tunes ,Keep supporting the kit Pio it rocks ! 

I don't see the need to upgrade to the nexus gear at the moment ,seems like trouble and I'm very warey of updating firmware and rekord box as this could lead to trouble ,when it works it works well,I still believe that firmware update should be archived so that the user/owner can choose the level my decks do not need nexus updates just yet .

D Mark Mills 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hi! I recently updated to the new rekordbox! It works and looks great, accept that I cannot import an m3u playlist created in winamp. All the files within that list have been added to the rekordbox collection, and have been scanned and work already. I then go through tracks that I like in win amp and create a "liked list". All are played and have the data updated on the m3u list created within winamp. I then import that list into rekordbox. The tracks are there, but are not scanned, and will not scan. The are at 0% status. The same tracks are in another bigger list, and are all scanned and good to go. Why is it that this wont work? Ive done this since the beginning of rekordbox. Is there a change that I am unaware of? Thanks and hope to hear soon!

LP

lennonpearson 0 votes

Ps : I cannot post anywhere else, it says problem solved when I havent gotten any feed back! Thanks!

lennonpearson 0 votes

@lennonpearson > Post a new thread please, yes you can post elsewhere, just not to a closed thread.

Pulse 0 votes