Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

[SOLVED] How to change Default right column in Browse menu of CDJ2000Nexus

Hi,

I had an issue the other day, where even though I had "Album" selected in Rekordbox as my Default Right Column to export, it didn't actually export in to the my USB stick. (And yes, I tried exporting again and still didn't work - had to erase the USB stick and export for a 3rd time to get it to work).

So apart from this bug - my question is, can you change this field on the fly in the CDJ2000 Nexus menu?

I tried searching the help manual and looking through all the settings, but couldn't find anything that would seem to do the trick.

Or is the option only via Rekordbox export?

Richard Bolt

Post is closed for comments.

9 comments

You can change to any sort option added to the active sort column in rekordbox before you exported to the usb.Then when on cdjs press the menu button when browsing through your tracks & it will give you the option of default or sort activate sort & this will give you your optional second columns.hope this what you ment.

T K P 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks - I was looking for something that made the column change permanent (I'm loading a playlist, so don't actually want to sort anything). I just add some notes in to the tracks in the Album field, so want to have the Album column displayed as soon as I click the Browse button.

As I said above, I can export this setting from Rekordbox (but for some reason the process broke down and this didn't occur until I erased the USB stick and exported it again).

So was just wondering if there's some way to make this change in the display directly through the CDJ (rather than having to export the field via Rekordbox?)

Richard Bolt 0 votes

as long as you have any sort options set in the active column ,in your preferences in rekordbox,you can switch to it.via meni button, good luck.

T K P 0 votes

Hello  T K P.

While the steps you suggest do show the correct right hand column - so if I change it to ALBUM, I will see ALBUM in the right after the track names. However, it then sorts it by ALBUM order, not PLAYLIST order.

So without sorting by ALBUM order.

Is there a way to sort by PLAYLIST order and have the right column show as ALBUM ?

I can export via Rekordbox the Default Right column as ALBUM, so when I load a Playlist, I see my track names in the left column and the Album names in the right column.

However, on two of my USBs - Rekorbox failed to export this value, so when I loaded my playlist, I saw Track Names in the left column and ARTIST in the right column.

So I want to know is there a setting in the CDJ2000 Nexus to set the Default Right hand column display to ALBUM (or any other field), while maintaining my list in PLAYLIST sort order.

It seems to me that the only way to set this default column is via Rekordbox (and if it fails to export, like it did for me), then you're up shit creek until you delete all the files on your USB stick and re-export everything again (not an option for example if I went to the club and found out the export hadn't worked).

Richard Bolt 0 votes

i get you richard & im sorry to say the cdj cant do it via menu button that way, as its a sort option rather than display option & theres no way to change this from cdjs just rekordbox as you do.

T K P 0 votes

Thanks - that's what I expected.

I'll see if I can reproduce the problem with the setting not exporting via Rekordbox again and send through a bug report

Richard Bolt 0 votes

@Richard > Are you still having issues or was TKP able to answer your questions?

Gavin 0 votes