Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

[SOLVED] On the 900 Nexus, How to use Hot Cues??

It says for the 900 that it has  """""HOTCUE AUTO LOAD"""" for A,B and C, how does one use them though on the 900Nexus?

BriChi

Post is closed for comments.

14 comments

Looks like in the video that the cues are on the fly… That is how he was using it in the demo video.. But unfortunately it's not available anymore for viewing LOL.. It is now marked PRIVATE?? HAHA… It's a video of DJ Friction…. Yep IDK who he is either?? LOL But he has 4 setup with a dim 900 and he is just tapping on the Hot cues as he plays from what I can see???

DJ Pete 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

The 900s don't have the "hot cues feature". However, they do, like the 2000s have memory banks, which can be used to store cue points, and loops.

lennonpearson 0 votes

The buttons that are located where the hot cues would be, are auto loop/cutter from what I understand fron the video

lennonpearson 0 votes

Right, that we know but in the 900 info it says it auto loads hot cues, why say that if you cannot access them?

BriChi 0 votes

Hmm, true. I wonder if it loads the automatically without having to call them?

lennonpearson 0 votes

Even if it auto loads a b and c, I wonder how u trigger them. It's totally separate then memory points.

BriChi 0 votes

BRICHI ARE YOU IN THE MARKET FOR THESE THINGS SINCE YOU ALWAYS PURCHASE NEW CDJS?

DJ Pete 0 votes

Definitely not, been burned twice before. If I even debate these it will be after months and months worth of fw updates. I don't want to pay to test pioneers gear :)

BriChi 0 votes

Yeah I wonder if the autoloop/cutter buttons will be assignable? Would be nice to have more than three hot cues. I second BriChi on that. They are a nice player to bring around, but I am def going to hang tight for now as well.

lennonpearson 0 votes

Pete, I watched that and it doesn't seem like he ever uses an ABC type hot start, all the buttons he pushes is "slicer" based or loop based in slip mode so it's still in the air

BriChi 0 votes

Yep your right BriChi.. Just noticed it after watching it again.. :P 

DJ Pete 0 votes

Well that video really is bare LOLs, amazing skills.  

@DJ Pete, check out some of his other mixes, all good.  I saw him play at BoomTown this year. They say skills and tightness-wise he's the only one that can stand face to face with Andy C.  Anyway... onto the CDJ talk.  And you'll have to forgive this question, I am a CDJ n00b still :/   Unfortunately for me it means I can't really keep up with what he is doing to get the effect he does.

BriChi - are you saying that he doesn't have a load of pre-setup cue points and he's just hitting the slicer / looper at the start of a (e.g 16 bar) phrase and using slip mode to come out of the loop but further into the tune as if it hadn't been looped?

Apologies if this is n00b speak!

thisiscake 0 votes

@thisiscake > Yep! He's slicing it up, not using some sort of hot cue functionality.

Gavin 0 votes