Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 followers Follow

XDJ- AERO and Traktor 2 ???

Hi everybody !!! Im thinking to buy a new XDJ - Aero ,but i want to know if i can use it with Traktor 2 via USB cable like a normal controller?I mean is there a TSI file for that>? Any opinions? thanx a lot !

Osman GayaTree

Please sign in to leave a comment.

12 comments

Tried mapping it myself but gave up because I could not get the jog wheel to act in the right way. All the outputs work.

Gary Loosley 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Pulse :-) I 've gathered that much... Some features will only be enabled over time, maybe the product did arrive a bit too soon on the market.

DJ_LINK2U 0 votes

It's fantastic at what it does anyway and I don't really miss having a computer screen with a program  on it because it just works so wellfrom usb connection. 

A little bit of work organising songs into playlists and all your music is easy to find and load immediately from a usb stick or a ext hard drive. 

I suppose strictly speaking it should already have a traktor tsi and virtual dj should work with it straight away out of the box but they will be here in a few weeks I expect so no big deal .   I'm not missing having a traktor screen to look at. personally. 

djsince74 0 votes

The TSI is there for those interested. Downloaded, but not used yet ... Have fun.

DJ_LINK2U 0 votes

Hi Guys,

I bought xdj-aero yesterday and also a license traktor 2, but opening the box I realized that Pioneer does not include the USB / MIDI cable with consolle. Can I ask you where you purchased the USB / MIDI cable? is a special cable of pioneer?

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Call Mix 0 votes

You want a standard USB2 A type to B type cable. Not mini! Hope this helps

Gary Loosley 0 votes

I just found out that you it wont be possible to use one channel as midi controller(via traktor) and use the second channel with your flashdrive or rekordbox wireless. So  a DJ who is using it as a controller wont be able to "seamlessly" give the decks to the person who wants us his flash drive or rekordbox because you would have to turn off and then on the xdj-aero to make that switch. Will seamless exchange be possible in the near future with a software upgrade or does there have to be changes to  the hardware also? 

Dustin Williams 0 votes

HI,

I am using tractor pro 2 and my XDJ  with the mapping files on the Pioneer website and all the effects (TRANs,FLANGER,ECHO,ROLL) are not working ... is it normal ?

I really love the effects i can give with the xdj but if i can't use it with tractor, its worthless....

thank you

Marc-André Vaillant 0 votes

Dustin i have able to switch both ways from midi to rekord box mode seamlessly have you updated you Aero yet???

xDallas Brownx 0 votes

I'm using the TSI and still can't get the jog wheel to work in the way i want - for some reason mine lacks the vinyl/scratch function. Also no sound in my headphones for cueing and none of the midi-assigned traktor effects seem to work. Any idea's?

David Kowalski 0 votes