Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Traktor S2 with DJM800

I'm currently using my Traktor S2 and Traktor Pro 2 setup, however i've been asked to DJ in this club near where I live. So i brought along my S2 and my laptop and plugged the RCA's from the back of the S2 into the master output, thinking this would work, however the quality is pretty bad and sounds nowhere near as good as the CDJ's available to use in the club.

Does anyone know how I can connect my Traktor S2 which only has RCA outputs to the back of the DJM800 so the sound quality is good?

Or what leads/adaptors I can buy to resolve this issue

Thanks,

Jack

Jack Fenner

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

Ok so, you are using the unbalanced RCA outputs... What are you running in to?

Have you tried running the S2 into channel 1 of the DJM and routing the audio that way?

Gavin 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks for replying Gavin,

I'm running The traktor S2's RCA output into the main output of the DJM 800.

I haven't tried to run the S2 into channel 1 of the DJM? is this likely to produce a clearer quality of sound?

Thanks

Jack Fenner 0 votes

@Jack > You are running the RCAs into the Main OUTPUT of the DJM800? That'll never work, sound comes out from the output.

It can't make the quality of the audio better; it can only reproduce the audio it is fed: junk in = junk out. What were you originally plugging the S2 into before the DJM800?

Gavin 0 votes

Oh i see, well I havent used my S2 in a club environment before, normally been running my S2 into an amplifier using RCA to XLR leads in a smaller club i DJ at, however the club isnt very keen on me pulling and taking cables out of the CDJ's set up.

I was just wondering if there is a way I can connect the S2 to the DJM800 in the club with good sound quality? 

Jack Fenner 0 votes

Given that the distance from the S2 to your DJM800 will be minimal, the RCA line outputs from the S2 are just fine.

Pulse 0 votes

Sorry i don't quite follow what do you mean they will be fine? Do you mean they will be fine to run into channel 1 of the DJM800?

Thanks for taking the time to help, i really appreciate it.

Jack Fenner 0 votes