Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Traktor syncing with output of DJM - is it possible?

Hi,

I’m new to the forum, and hope someone can help…..

I mostly mix with my 2 x CDJ2000s, djm2000 and rekordbox.  I recently bought traktor pro 2 with the idea that I would start to use a 3rd ‘virtual’ deck for playing individual samples, triggered from the DJM200 midi pages.

What I can’t do (in fact I’m not sure it is possible) is get traktor to sync in time with the external output to my DJM200.  So for example - when I trigger a high hat sample in traktor, this is synced in time with the output of the mixer.

Is it possible for traktor to use the audio output of the mixer and use this as the master sync to play the samples in time?

I know I could use my CDJ2000s to control 2 virtual decks and then use this to sync the samples – however I’m prefer my ‘external’ setup and want to continue using Rekordbox and only use Traktor to play samples, not songs. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sparky

Please sign in to leave a comment.

2 comments

I don't believe Traktor can sync itself to an external BPM clock signal, sorry.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I have to revisit this thread because I did some poking around and YES!  You CAN sync to an external input!  However, the DJM series sends a rather fluctuating BPM clock signal, so even if you did manage to get it setup and receiving signal, the tempo in Traktor would wander up to 0.5BPM. Some of why that happens is explained here.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink