Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

traktor is it worth having??????

Hi I currently have x2 cdj2000 and a djm900, have not been able to use rekordbox for sometime now, what is traktor like and is there alot more in it you can do, just after a bit of advice wheather it is worth incorporating it into my setup 

gareth whyte

Please sign in to leave a comment.

2 comments

The answer would depend on what you want to do with it. The effects on the mixer should be enough so I doubt you'd need the ones in Traktor but then again you might. I used to use Traktor prior to having a Pioneer set up but now I use RekordBox on my laptop and a memory stick. If you do go with Traktor I'd stay clear of 2.5 until the bugs are ironed out. Also, TBH Traktor made me lazy with my mixing but does allow creative mixing due to the auto sync function. I'll probably move away from taking my laptop to gigs once I finished analysing, quantizing and updating the tags with the key all my tracks.

If I were you I'd look at getting RekordBox usable again but if you do want to go with Traktor and you're in the UK I could sell you mine but it would come with the Audio 4 too which you wouldn't need

Si BooGie 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Traktor takes away alot of the cdjs features , also the jog wheels seem to have more lag , serato works perfect but is very basic compard to Traktor , have to agree with Dj Redss ,Traktor made me lazy never moving the pitch ,sync constantly on , since useing  Rekordbox  i feel much more like i iused to mix on my 1210s ,more in touch .  Traktor for controllers is great,  but pioneers .. ..... untill full H.i.D comes not so much . its all at the min what one give you the other takes away 

Dj Preset 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink