Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

Traktor Pro 2.5/Djm900 Nexus/CDJ2000 setup problem

Hi,

I have a Mac Book Pro with Mac OS X version 10.6.8 running Traktor Pro 2.5.0 and use this as a backup/quick search when I gig in my regular nightclub where I mostly use a USB hard drive connected to the in-house DJM900 and 2 x CDJ2000s. My problem is when I start to use the CDJs as a controller for Traktor, I find the mappings are not quite right, or there is something majorly wrong with the way I have it setup e.g usually when I start to cue up a song on Deck B ( the RHS CDJ), (it could be when I manipulate the platter) the tune been played on Deck A (LHS CDJ) restarts !! The problem seems to be a bit inconsistent though because it might not happen at the beginning of the night but I could be using the USB drive for long periods of time,then revert to Traktor and then this happens and this just puts me off using Traktor with the CDJs at all.

As the decks are located in the nightclub I cannot get this right by doing it at home, but I did upgrade the CDJs to the latest version about 3 - 4 months ago and followed instructions to creating an aggregate device on the Mac and I set the CDJs from HID to Standard mode but as I am still not happy with the setup can someone please just send me or post up a "step by step fools guide to setting up and using Traktor Pro 2.5.0 with the CDJ2000 on a Mac" and if you have a successfully working mapping file, can you send me that also.

Thankyou in advance.

paddyhdj

Please sign in to leave a comment.

4 comments

P.S. I use a Denon MC6000 with Traktor for mobile work and this problem does not happen with that setup, so it is specific to the CDJs.

paddyhdj 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I'm having a very similar problem that I am trying to figure out.... Not sure if it's Traktor related or DJM/CDJ related.... Just posted this in Traktor forum:

Problem seems to sit within deck A somehow... I have everything hooked up via USB... Comp. hooked up straight to mixer, CDJ 1 hooked up to deck A, CDJ 2 hooked up to deck B via hub... If I load a track into deck B alone there is no problem what so ever... When I load a track into deck A things get crazy, I can load the track and start the track no problem, But as the track is playing if i as much as touch the platter it drops a #4 track marker.... Then if I let the track play after that point and try to stop the platter it goes directly back to that beat marker it placed. Now even crazier, if i stop deck A all together and go back to use deck B, when I touch or scratch with the platter on deck B, track A starts to play again (while my and is on the platter) from the cue point it made.... If I erase the cue point and both deck aren't playing, if I touch the Jog on Deck B it drops the cue point back on deck A again... I tried switching CDJ's back and forth, Same thing... Now I tried switching to the other decks (B&C) and everything works fine... It's just when I try using deck A... I've been searching forums I can't seem to find the problem.... Any help would be much appreciated.

Teo 0 votes

Just to give an update.I have updated Traktor to the latest version 2.5.1 & changed the CDJs to now use Advanced HID & there is now a considerable improvement on how the CDJs control Traktor although I have yet to test all functions more thoroughly.One thing I have noticed though (at least on the RHS Deck B) is that for some songs. I could'nt set a cue point of my own choosing, the software would just create the cue point on a beat a little further along (whats that all about ? ). I did remove all traces of CDJ2000 in the Controller Manager section of Traktor & used the wizard to set it back up again.

In a nutshell - I would not depend entirely on Traktor with CDJ2000s at this point in time until I know it becomes more stable.

paddyhdj 0 votes

Well my problem turned out to be within the CDJ's.. Deck A was set to MIDI ch. 1 and it seems that the DJM already sets itself to ch.1 so there was a conflict... Setting the CDJ's to MIDI ch. 2 & 3 instead of 1 & 2 works perfectly... didn't have to aggregate anything.

Teo 0 votes