Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Follow

[SOLVED] CDJ-400: Rotary Dial Mapping Error

Hi..

I am using Traktor 2.5.1 with XP in external mixing mode with a pair of CDJ-400s via HID. My CDJs have firmware version 1.3.3.  Generally everything works except for the mapping of the of the rotary dial. See below for a description:

1. Turning the knob on either deck A or B works as expected: it changes the selected track in the Traktor library section. 

2.  Pressing the knob on deck A or B also loads a track in to the corresponding deck, as expected.

3. Problem: Pressing the knob on either deck A or B also triggers cue on both decks!!  This means that I can't load a track into one deck without stopping the other. 

Please help.

Chris 

DJ Christopher

Post is closed for comments.

4 comments

@Christopher > All firmware, drivers and software updated to the latest available versions, correct?

Did you run the Setup Wizard when you connected the CDJs to the software?

Gavin 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Sounds to me like you have overlapping MIDI commands.  Make sure each deck is assigned to a different MIDI channel then verify the commands within the Controller Mapping (within Traktor's Settings) and check that the MIDI instruction for CUE is not the same as the rotary selection.

Pulse 0 votes

@DJ Christopher > Thanks for reporting back and letting us know.

Gavin 0 votes