Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Follow

[CLOSED] USB power error when i connect my cdj400 to my Macbook

Recently bought a Macbook to run Traktor on.

I want to intergrate my CDJ400's and my djm400 mixer.

But with setting up it goes wrong. When i connect 1 USB cable from the cdj400 to the USB port on the macbook, i get an error message wich saids USB port is using to much power. ANd the macbook disables the usb port. Did some reading on the internet, wich said i should connect the the cdj400's to a powered usb hub. But i get the same error message. So i am guessing that it's some sort of setting that is wrong. But scince the macbook is pretty new to my i have no idea where to look.

Jos Migchelbrink

Post is closed for comments.

12 comments

@Jos > Are you connecting the CDJs via USB cable from the BACK of the CDJ to your MacBook? Have you updated all software / firmware?

If you can post a picture of your setup that may help.

Gavin 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I use an A to B usb cable to connect from the back of cdj400 to my macbook.

I run Traktor pro 2.5.1

I updated my CDJ400 firmware to v1.33

Jos Migchelbrink 0 votes

@Jos > Have you tried using different USB cables? Does this happen with both units?

There are some threads on the Apple forums about these kinds of issues. If you used a POWERED USB hub then the problem might resolve. I'd try new / different cables first. Then perhaps consider resetting the SMC / testing the hardware etc

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

Gavin 0 votes

Like said in the first post, when i use a powered usb hub it gives the same error messages.

the 2 cables  i am using, i bought them with the Macbook. So they are new. And it happens with both units.

Jos Migchelbrink 0 votes

Ok, then you might have to try some troubleshooting steps on Apple support community.

Gavin 0 votes

It seems i have an unique problem, after 2 weeks still no replies at the Apple Community forums

Jos Migchelbrink 0 votes

I guess your other option then is to invest in a powered USB hub.

Gavin 0 votes

Did a little testing, and hooked the CDJ400's to my old laptop with Windows XP.

It recognize them right away, so it is some setting in my Macbook or the USB hub is not working right

Jos Migchelbrink 0 votes

@Jos > Did you trying with a powered USB hub? Have you tried this since?

Gavin 0 votes

@Jos > Were you able to get the problem resolved with Gavin's information?

Pulse 0 votes