Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

DDJ SR WITH TRAKTOR

Goodevening. I recently bought the Pioneer ddj sr. There is no mapping at Pionnerdj.com. I tried from PioneerDj the ddj sx mapping (a lot of people work that way). It's not bad, but:

a) The jog wheel do not work properly. I tried to change it, but the  problem didn't solve,

b) The knobs confuses me. They are not working with a logic way and changes my fx on top.

c) Traktor "stucks" for a while when i am getting into preferences. (I never had that problem with ddj ergo and cdj 900)

I have changed sr to work with other programms, (not in serato mode)

Will pioneer give us a mapping for sr?

Sorry for my bad English.

Andrew Mintzas

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

I got it to work by watching this video and using the SX tsi file: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFJLilGqrJ8

The effects on the top need to be changed within Traktor, so you may need to go into settings and make sure that the effects panel is viewable, or it may be hidden at the top.

Also, I do have issues connecting sometimes. I usually restart my laptop with the lead in, open up Traktor and it works. & it does take a while to load while opening preferences (this may be due to having to load all of the controller mappings).

Everything else works perfect including the jogwheel... you may need to adjust the settings to a lower percentage... as 100% is a bit too wide for myself... I have it around 8%

adam jones 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

& it may be an option to re-map it again with the tsi file if the mapping is currently wrong for the effects. Try a different file

adam jones 0 votes

Nothing changed. I think pioneer should give as a tsi file for sr. It's very easy for them, (it's a bit difficult for us). It's almost the same with sx. There will be  a few changes but i think they have the person that creates and edit mappings. I hope, someone from pionner let us know.

Andrew Mintzas 0 votes