Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Follow

TRAKTOR PRO2 DJM 200 NEXUS RECORDING

Hi there, Pulse I've watched your tractor / djm 2000 nexus setup for recording on you tube and i believe I've copied your tuition down to the end.  However when in play a track no sound is visible in the recording sound bar.  all the audio is playing correct and even the file destination is showing the file created for the mix (just no mix recorded) . any ideas what it could be

Many thanks

Jay McGhie

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Hey @Jay, thanks for posting here - I saw your comment but providing support on YouTube comments can be sloppy. ;)

Okay, so I'm going to assume that you had levels on your mixer, both on the channels and master, and that you had the correct source selected within Traktor as the input for recording?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hi pulse thanks for reply,
So, chanels 123 configured to ab and c work spot on . All Chanel levels peak as they should. The master level does not seem to be putting any levels out but I did have the volume set low so maybe that was the reason. The main traktor level and Chanel levels peak as should and correspond to the mixers levels.
The input chanels in preferences says " front left and front right" but does not say aggregate right as yoirs does on the video. The traktor record tab says recording but no levels show and when I play the recorded file there's no sound. Any ideas? Or is there a way to use all 4 chanels for audio and record to an external digita recorder? Cheers pal

Jay McGhie 0 votes

Any ideas pioneer as I am desperate to send a recording off, otherwise it looks like an external recording device which may actually be better as I won't loose a very expensive 4th Chanel on my mixer

Jay McGhie 0 votes

Any ideas pioneer as I am desperate to send a recording off, otherwise it looks like an external recording device which may actually be better as I won't loose a very expensive 4th Chanel on my mixer

Jay McGhie 0 votes

@Jay > Traktor can only use one audio interface, if you don't create an aggregate, the software can't use both the in/out at the same time as the DJM-2000 splits its audio interfaces.

If you'd rather not lose the 4th channel, your only option is the external recorder -- which I've answered your question in another thread.

Pulse 0 votes