Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Follow

XDJ-R1 on midi control VDJ LE plays one track at a time

As required, I downloaded the VDJ LE software & set it up as per instructions, pressed midi on the R1, depressed the selector accordingly to activate, etc.

Using the R1 as the main controller & just using the VDJ LE on the laptop as a screen, when I select a track on deck A, it will play as per normal. When I use the scroller on deck B and try to cue up the track on deck B, it immediately plays on the channel slider of deck A....but it is showing the track playing on deck B. This happens vice versa...so it is only playing one track at a time.

On the laptop screen of VDJ LE, if I manually play with the controls/ knobs on the R1 unit, I can see it move on the laptop screen BUT only for the following controls - pitch slide, headphone cue, loop control and the track selector/ search option.

I have tried the wireless (iPhone) and that works perfectly, as does USB and CD functions. Also have updated my rekordbox to the latest version.

Using VDJ LE, I don't see any option tabs, under configuration, to manually map the software to the R1.

PIONEER, please help.

Vishnu

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

Did you install that version from the provided CD with the R1 or did you download that from the VirtualDJ website?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Good Morning Pulse. I used the CD rom that came with the R1, which had all the manuals and the sound driver (ASIO)....which I loaded as per instructions. Then followed the Midi control instructions and downloaded the VDJ LE programme from VDJ as per instructions & using the license key (code) under the R1.

Followed the instructions to the T and still having a problem.

I am even using the latest version of rekordbox v3.0.

Vishnu 0 votes

Okay, so you've followed the instructions from the installation guide, including the audio config? I actually think the instructions are outdated now - if I recall, there was a 7.x update which automated the device detection sequence for configuring some of the LE features.

I'll send you an email to see if we can troubleshoot this further.

Pulse 0 votes