Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

1 follower Follow

[CLOSED] Sample Corruption

I insert samples i created in traktor s4 which are simply mps files shortened, like a horn or something. I played it in itch a few times and it sounded fine. After a few times using it, it corrupts the file where all you hear is tick and the sample then could no longer be played. Hitting the play button on the sample doesnt function. Some of the sample i used weren't made in S4 in case that has something to do with it.In the attachment is a screenshot of the software. If you can see, there are no waveforms in sample 1 even thugh the file is there. Asecond ago the waveforms were there. When i hit the button next to the 1 with the drop down menu and above the left output button it surrounded the entire sample section with a blue line all around it and corrupted the file.

Dance Leader Productions

Post is closed for comments.

3 comments

@DLP > When you loaded the samples to the sampler originally they played fine, correct? But now something is happening that is corrupting the audio files? How do you record with the Traktor S4? Have you tried using other audio editing software such as Audacity?

Gavin 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Yes they played fine. I play a regular mp3 in traktor s4 and when i hit the sample button on either the 4 8 16 etc count it records it to that length that i selected.I have audacity, but much easier in traktor because i do it on the fly. but i think i figured out the problem. There is a button on the right side, the top left button in the sampler editing box, after clicking that it adds a blue border around the entire sample section and then it corrupts the files. i dont even know what that button does but i stay away from it from now on. i havent used the ddj yet ever since so im not sure that its the correct issue, but it seems like it.

Dance Leader Productions 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink