Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

[SOLVED] djm 900 nexus, with novation twitch, serato itch

I just bought a djm 900 nexus, and currently i use novation twitch with serato itch. Ill be getting my cdj 2000s soon but in the meantime, is there any way that i can use  my djm 900 nexus mixer with serato itch connecting it to the Novation twitch?without having the cdjs? or anything like that? any idea would be awesome, thank you!

Leonardo Urdaz

Post is closed for comments.

8 comments

Unfortunately, Itch is a software which requires controllers with the embedded hardware in order to function.  There is no ability to re-route the audio through another output.  As such, the only way you could do it would be to send the master output of the Twitch through a cannel of the DJM.  But if you're looking at using it without the CDJs, why would you need the DJM anyhow?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks pulse, my intention is using the djm with the cdjs , no computer no serato, by I had to buy the djm first and the wait a few weeks to buy the cdjs. So i was asking if there was any way to use the twitch with the djm until my cdjs arrive!

Leonardo Urdaz 0 votes

Ah -- yes, using the setup as noted above would be the only way.

Pulse 0 votes

Ok, so i got the djm working like u said, color effects work great, but the beat effects, just the roll ones seem to be working, why doesnt all the others like flanger, echo, filter etc work? Is it not permited by the setup? Or am i doing something wrong?
Thank u again for your help!

Leonardo Urdaz 0 votes

No, all the effects would work - likely just a bit of user error.  ;)  Have you read the manual or watched videos online?

Pulse 0 votes

I read the manual, tried it with the twitch, hooked up to the computer by usb using music from rekordbox and also used it with traktor, on all of them the same results, everything works fine, but on the beat effects side, only sliproll , roll , rev roll and melodic are working. Dont want to think that the mixer came in with a problem, i know it isnt likely to happen. Also updated firmware just to make sure

Leonardo Urdaz 0 votes

I'm still thinking it's user-error...

1) Connect the output of the Twitch into the DJM900's CH1 line input.

2) Set the CH1 input selector to LINE

3) Adjust the gain so you see the signal bouncing the meter around 0dB

4) Take the CH1 fader to the top

5) Disable the CH1 crossfader assignment

6) Turn the master output knob to the point where you have the master meter bouncing around 0dB as well

7) Turn the FX channel assignment to CH1

8) Set the level/depth knob to 12 o'clock

9) Select an effect

10) Press the on/off button

The effect should now be engaged and you should hear it on the master output.

Pulse 0 votes

I have the same problem, its not user generated, I'm using a Traktor S4, running into a DLM 900 nexus and same thing just the roll effects are working. It's not that big of a deal because can just use the built in traktor effects (until i get cdjs) but what is concerning is that whenever I switch the channel my effects are on, if there is nothing connected to them then there is dead air. im going to be using cdjs tomorrow so hopefully this isnt an issue and is just because of the integration of traktor and the mixer. also, my mixer was recently used with cdjs so it might just be because the default settings for the mixer are now set for a cdj setup instead. just no way to change it back as far as i can tell :/

Alex Campbell 0 votes