Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

[SOLVED] DDJ-S1 and Itch 2.2 on Windows 7 does not detect (and does not see device in VDJ too)

Hi,

I have two problems with my DDJ-S1 that I am trying to install...

1) I just installed Itch 2.2 with my DDJ-S1 plugged in. When I load up Itch, it says no default sound card detected. I am using Windows 7 64bit. I can see the DDJ-S1 MIDI and sound card in the device manager. But In Itch it seems to not detect it. I am new to Itch, but I looked around in the menus I couldn't see anything related to chosing the device... Did I do something wrong?

2) I also tried in VDJ 7.0.5b Pro, it see the ASIO drivers, but does not detect the device for mapping. I tried doing a rescan and nothing shows up. I see threads on renaming the device, but that's for Mac's right? I can however load a track with the mouse and hear the song through the headphone on the DDJ-S1.

So, I'm quite surprised that I am having different problems with two different software, but essentially it's not working in either. What did I miss? Or is it defective?

Stefan Jez

Post is closed for comments.

3 comments

Solved -- for those looking at this thread, it was some services disabled in Windows which caused the problem.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

I don't quite remember, I think one of them was Windows Audio Service though

Stefan Jez 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink