Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

Songs being deleted off of multiple crates

Hey everyone!

Quick question! I don't know how many of you have the new serato 1.7 update but what I wanted to ask you all is this. I have a main crate with all of my music in it. Now when I create other crates not just subcrates (hip hop crate, country crate, etc) you can freely edit and move tracks to those crates. Here's my problem though. Lets say I delete a song from one of my crates (ex: 50 cent in the club), the track is being deleted from my overall "main crate" as well. Why is this happening? I remember before I can easily delete a song if I accidentally placed it in the wrong crate or put it in multiple crates but it  would still shows up on my overall "main crate". Now I'm scared to delete songs in general! Any help is much appreciated, thanks! 

robert araya

Please sign in to leave a comment.

3 comments

there is an option when you delete to make sure you remove from playlist, not collection. Right click on the track and you will see it

also if you got a popup once saying this will delete form collection and you chose yes, it will always do this, you need to turn it off in settings

BriChi 0 votes

I have a Mac so I can't really see a right click option, but anyway I solved the problem. When you "control/delete" it will get rid of the song in that PARTICULAR folder. What I was doing was "option/delete" and when I did that the song was being deleted from ALL of the crates it was in. Hope this helps people too. Thanks for the help BriChi!

robert araya 0 votes

you can right click 2 ways on a mc

CTRL+CLICK brings up the option and also you can set you trackpad so a 2 finger click is a right click

BriChi 0 votes