Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

2 followers Follow

SERATO DJ 1.6.3 STOPS WORKING WITH SL-2 & PIONEER CDJ-2000nexus

SERATO DJ 1.6.3 STOPS WORKING WITH SL-2 & PIONEER CDJ-2000nexus - NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH VERSION 1.6.2. !!! - I am using a sl2 with 2x cdj2000nexus in windows 7 on a clean HP i7 pc - after updated the 1.6.3. last week i had the same problem, wave form dissipeared on the cdj's and connection lost, software still worked buth no reaction on the cdj-2000 nexus, after restart the computer no connection possible - i buyed today a powered usb-hub to connect the 2x cdj-2000nexus - i now run a long test today - i hope it is a usb dropout because of using a not powered usb hub - never had this problem before 1.6.3. -cdj firmware is the last version - please help !!!

Frank Coppens

Please sign in to leave a comment.

5 comments

I runned a long test on monday with the powered usb hub and everything worked fine - I did another shorter test of 2 hours yesterday and it worked fine to. The only problem i had yesterday was by shuting down the software i get the message on my pc screen "serato dj doest't work anymore" - I restart the software again and connected the cdj's and so far it worked again - I try to do another test today on wednesday by closin the software several times and restart the connection with the cdj's - Does anyone recognice this pronlem ? - I run th Serato DJ 1.6.3. also on my DDJ-SZ controller and there everything works fine without a problem.

Frank Coppens 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hey, found this on facebook in the Serato DJ group from JUNIOR DE LA MORA :

2 juni om 10:35 · Bewerkt

While djing a gig lastnight, the songs on both sides just dropped, for no reason...ext HD was running good, laptop not frozen, and this has never happened to me before but twice this week...I use the Sl2 and a beefed up clean PC...anybosy else have that problem recently?

Looks as he had the same problem....

Further in this message :

Bill Dj-Bigshow Cfo Blasi Same here I posted it yesterday. I am going to try going back to the previous version and see what's going on. I did not have this issue till I updated to the latest version.

2 juni om 13:45 · Bewerkt · Vind ik leuk · 1

Frank Coppens 0 votes

Well, you're running two different sets of hardware (CDJs vs. DDJ), so it's hard to say if the problem is related. Continue to use the hub and if you have any other problems with disconnection, please let us know. If it's simply an issue of the software not closing, perhaps Serato would be best suited to answer your question.

Pulse 0 votes

I worked yesterday a few hours on the ddj-sz and there everything works fine without a problem - I did yesterday also another shorter test on the cdj's and didn't noticed the problem, i still use with the cdj's the powered usb hub. I'll keep you informed when i notice the problem again.

Frank Coppens 0 votes