Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

10 followers Follow

Rekordbox with new iTunes 12.2

I have the last update to iTunes (12.2 out yesterday) and since I could not reach from the iTunes tree in Rekordbox.
I see only the lists and directories in the root of my iTunes tree.

Maxime Lambin

Please sign in to leave a comment.

12 comments

Hm, do you mean you can't import any files? Just tried quickly, syncs fine with my iTunes library on a Mac with Yosemite and latest iTunes.

The Henrik Maneuver 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

No, i can import my files from iTunes, but le tree is on 1 level only.
In iTunes, i have folders on multiple levels, but in rekordbox, i can see only the first level.

Maxime Lambin 0 votes

It should be working, but with some users, we've found you need to refresh a couple of times (click the reload icon to the right of the iTunes label on the left window), other users have needed to simply wait a couple of minutes.
Engineers are working to improve this behaviour and your patience is appreciated.

Please be aware you can always drag-and-drop playlists into rekordbox manually to re-create them if the sync isn't working properly for you, or you can use the Sync Manager which acts as a one-way sync/import from iTunes.

Pulse 1 vote

I have the same problem Maxime!!!

I have subfolders in iTunes that record box isn't reading and grouping whole lists together and then it turns into 1 big messy unorganised folder of music
So frustrating with it being the weekend & gigs tonight and tomorrow night are going to be very challenging.
PLEASE HELP SOMEBODY!!!

Luke Cousins 0 votes

Same problem here - Oh my god!!!
I cannot export my library with lots of organized playlist-folders to USB!!!

Sven Hannawaldt 0 votes

Same here. Rekordbox can not read the folder structure in iTunes, and only shows the main folders and shows no subfolders.

John Brataas 0 votes

I used the upload library to cloud service and now loads of my music is missing artwork... Kill me now. This is obviously an iTunes issue though.

Richie Barthez 0 votes

Same here! No folder structure in recordbox itunes. This is a disaster for me! DJ is not just a hobby for me, it's my business. Please, fix this quick!

Frederik Houwen 0 votes

Although I have the same problem it's not the fault of the Pioneer Rekordbox team. Apple changed their technical rules obviously. Restoring the older version of iTunes solves the problem until Pio releases a new update.

Sven Hannawaldt 0 votes

Can confirm that VDJ 7 from 2013 see's playlists fine. Serato up to date also can see playlists. Traktor also from 2014, 2.6 I think also can see playlists fine. 100% a rekordbox problem and not an iTunes issue as those programs are over 2 years old and working fine.

Shane White 0 votes

Guys the error I had was with iTunes. the latest update turns of the sharing of the XML... to fix - iTunes > preferences > advanced > (click) share iTunes XML library with other applications 

Benny Mc 0 votes