Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

[Solved] Rekordbox DJ Decks 3 & 4

Hi Guys,
Cannot seem to locate the answer i am looking for. I have my CDJ's 2000Nexus connected to 3 & 4 on my DJM-900Nexus. How do i switch the 2 Deck view mode in Rekordbox DJ to show only Decks 3 & 4?

Thanks
sergio

Dj Sergio D

Official comment

Unfortunately without using a controller with the ability to toggle deck selection, there is no MIDI or keyboard shortcut available to switch a 2-deck view from 1/3 or 2/4. I'll pass this along as a needed fix.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

17 comments

If you only have two decks, it's deck one and two and that's it. Decks are numbered sequentially. The software doesn't control your djm.

Tu Tran 0 votes

Sorry but I don't think you get what I am asking. I want to uses 2 Deck mode, use only 3 & 4 vie mode. My Decks are named 3 & 4 and connected to mu DJM on 3 & 4. when I use Serato DJ, all I have to so is hit the ~ key and the 2 deck mode is displayed as 3 & 4

Dj Sergio D 0 votes

To be honest, you don't need to use the rekordbox Plus Pack. Just leave rekordbox open and on your nexus select rekordbox. If you're looking to get into the plus pack, it's a completely redundant thing to do. If you really want the effects and all that jazz, consider the RZ.

Tu Tran 0 votes

Not sure what your saying is meant for my issue. But I resolved and solved my own problem. Got everything working as I wanted using Rekordbox 4.

Dj Sergio D 0 votes

Hi,

how did you manage to do this?

I can't find how to view just decks 3 and 4 in two deck view. 

Thanks

Adam Graham 0 votes

Greetings,

Would you mind to please post on how to view specific decks only, in the 2-deck view?

Updating this thread in 2017, but I'm still not sure.

Appreciate any replies.

Regards,

Z X R

ZXR Productions Inc. 0 votes

@Pulse Thanks for the response!

I'm running on 4 CDJ-2000nexus running Firmware 1.41 and a DJM-2000nexus. 

I use them usually through my library/playlist on my USB, but when I organize my library with Key/Beatmatching, I like to view deck 2 and 3 in the "Horizontal 2-deck view".

Hi ZXR, 

Just saw this. Getting back from holidays thus weekend. I will try to put screenshots together for you.

Regards 

Sergio D

Dj Sergio D 0 votes

Greetings Pulse,

According to your "Official Comment", you might've misunderstood what we're trying to do here.

As CDJs and DJMs get connected through MIDI on rekordbox, there is a view "Horizontal" 2-deck and 4-deck view where you can configure how many decks you wanna see at a time. If you select a 2 deck you, it will basically show Deck 1 and 2 on the left and right. 

What we're trying to do here is to JUST get the software to show Deck 2 and 3 as both decks may have the connections going to DJMs Channel 2 and 3 here. So, just the deck 3 and 4 view makes it really convenient to manage the tracklist alongwith setting cue-points and all those 1-screen handy features rather than seeing all 4 decks huge setup that has 2 useless decks that won't be used at all.

I just kinda elaborated what the OP and I wanted. It's not a MIDI Shortcut of ViewChanger that we're looking for, it's just getting shown particular number of decks switch feature that got me confused there. Hope that explains.

@Dj Sergio D : Thanks for your prompt response. Hope you're enjoying these summers so far.

I'll definitely await a reply. Appreciate it!

Warm Regards,

ZXR Productions Inc.

@ZXR > No, I totally understand - you only want to switch the view of one deck. It was likely just a mis-read of my post:

"...to switch a 2-deck view from 1/3 or 2/4"

I didn't mean that it would switch both decks; if you use a controller which has 4 deck mode, you can press the deck button and with 2-deck display in rekordbox, it will toggle ONLY the deck you switched, so with 1&2 showing, and pressing the "3" button on the controller would show decks 3&2 in the software.

We've got your back!

Pulse 1 vote

I've just heard back from the engineering team that they hope to include this in a future update (although I don't have a timeline, sorry!) Thanks for your feedback and patience.

Pulse 1 vote

Late in the game to be commenting, but I'm having the same problem.  I have a DJM-900NXS mixer with two turntables attacIed via phono inputs on channel 1 and 4 (the only option).  What I seem to be seeing is that to use this combo, which isn't exactly exotic, I must use 4 deck view.  That seems to be really bush league to me, from a company positioning itself as the gold standard of DJ hardware and software.
From DJ Sergio D:
"... But I resolved and solved my own problem. Got everything working as I wanted using Rekordbox 4."

I'd love to know how you managed that @Sergio.

@Pulse, you said "I've just heard back from the engineering team that they hope to include this in a future update (although I don't have a timeline, sorry!) Thanks for your feedback and patience."

That was in September if 2017, going o two years ago.  It is more frustrating than I can properly express to be using a product that is, at its core, the most conceptually advanced of its type, only to continuously run into small and easily remedied problems that impact the product's usability and don't seem to ever get dealt with.

Deejay L. Viejo 0 votes

@James > Sorry, it was, and continues to be, a low priority fix as not many people require this to be corrected. I know it's on the list, but still have no timeline for it.

Pulse 0 votes