Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Can't record on rekordbox dj

I have no choices in recording output

Kaj Olsen

Please sign in to leave a comment.

22 comments

@Kaj > What hardware are you using with rekordbox DJ and what is your audio configuration within the preferences?

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

cdj 2000 and djm-2000.config is xdj and i use the aggregator software.I did upgrade to OS X 10.11..could that be it? And also i wondered why autocue doesn't work in hid mode?

Kaj Olsen 0 votes

If you created the device via the aggregator, you need to ensure that you also added the inputs from the DJM, not just the output.

Pulse 0 votes

Aggregator only shows Cdjs. I can see djm-2000 in My mac's input channels and if i play a song i can see peaks from the song.But in RB' settings inputs are greyed out.If i press the settings utility button..nothing happens.Djm does not show up in output.

Kaj Olsen 0 votes

In the aggregator, you need to select the CDJs (for outputs) and the DJM (for inputs) and then select the aggregate device at the top under AUDIO.

Pulse 0 votes

As i said Aggregator only shows CDJ's....maybe i don't understand..I have taken screen dumps of Aggregator/RB input/output and my mac inputs..but i can't post it here...Where do i select aggregate device....in RB settings? theres nothing there..it' all greyed out

Kaj Olsen 0 votes

Go to Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Setup
Click the + at the bottom left, click Create Aggregate Device
Click the checkboxes beside the CDJ outputs
Click the checkboxes beside the DJM input
Rename the Aggregate Device to "CDJ and DJM Aggregate"
Close Audio MIDI Setup
Open rekordbox
Open preferences
On the Audio tab, assign the "CDJ and DJM Aggregate" as your audio device.

Pulse 0 votes

Ah..eureka...I wil try this tomorrow...it's almost midnight here now.I will let you know.Thanks for your patience and help:o)

Kaj Olsen 0 votes

I just got mine setup using a DJM900SRT, I don't need to configure an aggregate with it because the soundcard is a single unit with both ins/outs on the same device. Instead of using your CDJs, why not configure only the DJM as an aggregate for its ins/outs and use that? What I noticed is the recording selector changed to show available channels (from inputs on the sound device) and I was able to select CH4 which matches my configuration on the drivers. Yours would only be 1/2 (or master) as the DJM-2000 only has one pair of inputs.

Pulse 0 votes

Ok,so i managed to create the aggregate device and it's working fine now,Thanks a lot. Your trick with the should work,but my DJM-2000 only shows 2 inputs an no outputs,so i have to use the cdj's.In theory it should work as you can configure djm to 6 out and 2 in

Kaj Olsen 0 votes

Bummer..i can only record when choosing internal mixer...so both players are now on the same output....and why my DJM is not showing any outputs on my mac can't figure out.I also tested DJM on my wife's Mac..and it only shows 2 inputs

Kaj Olsen 0 votes

No, you can record with external... you just need to configure the aggregate! JUST use the DJM-2000 in your aggregate, don't assign the CDJs. Run the output audio and input audio devices as a single device and then on the DJM setting utility, make sure it's set to the proper config.

Pulse 0 votes

I understand,but the problem is that my Djm shows up with only 2 inputs and no outputs...i can't figure out why.Have you heard about this problem before?

Kaj Olsen 0 votes

Current version of rekordbox has an issue with DJM-2000/2000nexus, sorry!
We will fix this in a future update.

Aso 0 votes

I have the CDJ-2000 Nexus and DJM-2000 Nexus and for life of me cannot get the record function to work. I've been through all these steps over and over to no avail. Please can you advise as the sole purpose of the purchase was to record

Josh 0 votes

In audio devices I can only DJM-2000 output no CDJ inputs are visible

Josh 0 votes

@Josh > The DJM-2000NXS works differently than the other devices; please check that the inputs are configured properly within the settings utility.

Pulse 0 votes

Please, I am having this problem, when using Rekordbox dj with two 900 cdjs and djm 2000. I am using the xdj/ cdj audio. Sound is coming out from one channel on my djm. Please help me. Thank you.

Eddy 0 votes

@DJ Eddy > Please post a new topic and include a screenshot of your audio configuration in rekordbox. It sounds to me like you may have it set for internal mixer mode.

Pulse 0 votes

Thank you so much for your reply. Please where do I post screen shots on this forum. Thank you

Eddy 0 votes

I used the Cdj/ Cdj from pioneer. I can play audio perfectly, but can't record a mix. I also used the djm 2000 as audio. I was also able to play perfectly in external mode. But still can't record a mix

Eddy 0 votes

@Eddy > The same way you post a comment to a topic here - just create a new topic, then when you are writing the content, click the image icon to attach a screen shot.

Pulse 0 votes