Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

7 followers Follow

[Solved] Overall experiences with Rekordbox DJ

I'm wondering how people feel about this software in general. I have read about "issues" on the forums here. I have only tried it for about an hour but my experience was fantastic (no problems at all). Should I run it for a few hours before taking it to a live gig?

Mike Sinclair

Please sign in to leave a comment.

14 comments

Hi, I am using the RKB4 since Oct, 1st. Its working great. i am running on MBP 2012 @16gb ram.@1.5 ms latency. so far so good. love the workout , effects are awesome. the only thing i am missing in this software is to map some function like sequencer but no big deal. thank-you pioneer for let us try the software. cheers!

saleem ahmed 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

i would run a .0 release of any software A LOT longer then an hour before using it live unless it was a very small type job where if it crashed and u had a backup ready like an iPod to trigger a song immediately, it wouldn't ruin your night

BriChi 0 votes

Nice. I ran it last night for 5 hours... no problems at all. I am going to run it at a Wedding Saturday night, but have a playlist in Serato ready to go and a song on my iPod ready too (just in case). But, so far, it seems to work great :)

Mike Sinclair 1 vote

New macbook pro, ran for an hour, crashed. There are several predictable ways to make the program crash and/or stop playing. I will post them soon. I feel like a bit of a beta tester (which I don't mind), but don't feel like I will be paying $139 next month when I am no longer in trial mode.

DJ Chase 0 votes

Sigh... got it to freak out. I was playing with effects and it froze. Then I was setting cue points and I got the spinning disc for a few minutes and had to Force Quit Rekordbox. Sometimes when I'd hit "play" on tracks I was setting cues on, they wouldn't play... this is a new MB Pro. Looks like I'll be sticking with Serato, at least for now. Rekordbox doesn't seem to be ready for "prime time" yet.

Mike Sinclair 0 votes

Played a 5hr set last week without problems and had a backup plan ready as well. Has crashed in export mode multiple times though.

djphasim 0 votes

Yeah, it only crashed on me in export mode now that I think about it. The performance mode was fine. Maybe I'll give it a shot tomorrow night and see how it does at the gig.

Mike Sinclair 0 votes

OK... Mac people: are you running El Capitan? I have read that there are issues with the latest OS with Rekordbox, Serato and Traktor! I am re-installing Yosemite for now and will see if that makes a difference.

Mike Sinclair 0 votes

Just to add
I played out last night with no problems !

Mid 2012 MacBook Pro with all music on external.

Lofty 0 votes

Thanks for the feedback guys. I played out Saturday night for 6 hours and Sunday for 4 hours... no problems. I really like Rekordbox.

Mike Sinclair 0 votes