Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

License

I'm currently running a trial license which expires at the end of the month.

I'm looking at buying a Pioneer DDJ-RZ towards the end of November which from what I've read comes with a Rekordbox DJ license. I still want to use Rekordbox DJ with my current DDJ-SX until then.

What options do i have. Can i get another 30 day trial license or if i purchase a license can i get a refund once i get the license from my new controller?

kev sleight Answered

Official comment

Unfortunately the monthly subscription will not be available until December and refunds are not offered simply because you purchase a product which contains a license.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Post is closed for comments.

11 comments

probably neither but you can do a $10 a month subscription, cancel it once u get the RZ

BriChi 0 votes

Help me understand that if I had bought the DDJ-RZX for $3,000, I get a “DJ” license for free? Yet I spent $7,000 on the new (2) CDJ2000NXS2 plus DJM900NXS2 and must pay $129 for a license. I have purchased three controllers and all have licenses for Serato or Traktor. This is a very, very bad business model.

DJ Tantra 0 votes

Like in the other thread, Because the controller is built to use with rekordbox Dj.
Why buy $7000 in nexus decks to use it as a $3000 controller? Seems like a waste. Just use rekordbox as intended, it's free. I would never buy nexus decks to control rekordbox Dj. Just buy a much cheaper controller like a RZ

BriChi 0 votes

Missing the point. I just bought the decks 45 days ago. Rekordbox is free, but "DJ" is $129. For $7K we should get a license.

DJ Tantra 0 votes

ok but i think you're missing the point too, the decks are designed as standalone players so why would Pioneer waste all those licenses when no one, well except a small few, will use it. I would never buy that gear and expect it to come with Rekordbox DJ, that software is designed to be used with cheaper controllers

i do see your point where we spent a lot so it should include it but i see pioneers point too 19 out of 20 buyers won't use the license and the buyers will try and sell the license or give it to friends for free

you certainly don't NEED Rekordbox DJ with these decks and why would you even want it? just out of curiosity. I personally don't care what anyone spends their money on or how they use it, just curious why anyone would buy NXS2 decks and a 900NXS2 to simply use it in a way a $2000 RZ works and will do all the same stuff pretty much, for $5000 cheaper. 

My last point is if you can afford to blow $7000 on players to use as a Rekordbox dj controller then you can afford the $129 for the software, Like buying $100,000 car and complaining about the cost of gas that you need to run it, at least you don't "need" Rekordbox dj to use the decks as intended

again, this is nothing against you and yes i see your point, but also look at it from pioneers point. they think the same thing, why would you want to even use Rekordbox dj?

BriChi 0 votes

BriChi. You get further with sugar than you do with salt. Not to sound rude. But my question is to Pioneer DJ, and I am not looking for a debate from you. I am looking for a license from Pioneer DJ.

How do you know what my requirements are? Because it works for you, it should work for me. I am migrating from Serato and as I have to set up all my music (cues, loops) in Rekordbox. Currently, there is a solution to migrate from Traktor to Rekordbox (whichis not easy), but not one from Serato. Pioneer as licensing agreements with Serato, but is slow to make migration work.

I need to have a DJ controlling software because that is what I play with. And most clubs have CDJ2K decks and many still do not allow controllers. 

It is the principle. The RZX is a system, like the NXS2 are a complete system. Ergo you should get a license for buying a complete system. I own three (3) other controllers, (4) Technic turntables and (4) mixers. I need another controller like a whole in my head.

I bought the CDJNX2K/DJM900NXS2 because I am touring more and need to use Rekordbox as it is the club standard. We also are an entertainment company offering backline rentals for events. Also, there is nothing like being able to show up with your phone and/or a flash drive.  

Can I afford it? Sure. Should I have to pay for it? No. 

Please leave this discussion for a Pioneer DJ rep to respond to? Thank you for your comments. 

DJ Tantra 0 votes

but you can do all of that with Rekordbox, You may be confusing the differences in what Rekordbox and Rekordbox DJ are. you can set all you r cues, loops etc... in Rekordbox thats free and link it to your decks to drag tracks to and play. Rekordbox can link the cdj2000 line without you having to buy the Rekordbox dj software. i am not trying to be rude, just trying to help you not waste $129 on software you don't need. you can use free Rekordbox like we have been doing for years with the 2000's, Rekordbox dj just gives you the GUI on your laptop vs you having it on the screens pretty much. I come from serato also and there is no need for Rekordbox dj if you just learn and use Rekordbox 

BriChi 0 votes

this is the free version, you can see once "linked" you can drag and drop yours tracks to the decks you want to play them on, the cues, loop, memory points, etc.... all load and you use them on the decks. Hope this helps ya a little better understand Rekordbox vs Rekordbox DJ. Rekordbox DJ was more designed for people that don't own CDJ's

BriChi 0 votes

also,

Look into "Rekordbuddy 2.0" if you're coming from Serato, it converts the cues, loops and such from serrate in Rekordbox for you so you don't need to recreate all of them

BriChi 0 votes

I'm sorry but the CDJs are not eligible for a rekordbox dj license as they are designed as stand-alone players with rekordbox as the back-end support to prepare content, whereas a DDJ is useless without it.

Pulse 0 votes