Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

4 followers Follow

Instant Doubles with Rekordbox Performance.

I see the conflict of putting instant doubles into the software.........but instant doubles will be a deal breaker (for me anyway) to switch from serato to rekordbox performance...particularly when DVS is launched. Is it on the cards?

Ed Callanan

Official comment

There is not currently a way to perform instant doubles via a keyboard shortcut as the majority of DJs will be using a hardware device of some variety to manipulate the software. We have passed this suggestion along to engineers for future consideration.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

24 comments

Per manual, page 165 states that you can do instant doubles. Please read the manual before posting your concerns.

"For example, push the load button twice to call up instant double function."

Tu Tran 0 votes

Im not using a controller...i use cdj2000nxs with a djm900nxs running serato club kit. to switch id want instant doubles. Tu Ran maybe you should read the manual before answering a question, "the conflict" & "DVS" shoulda made it pretty clear i was talking about decks

Ed Callanan 0 votes

Hey man before you take a stab at me, how about you try to know your gear works first. First of all, I have no idea what you're saying about conflict and DVS. Secondly, if you link up your CDJ's with ethernet and set your running deck to master and sync, you can go on your other CDJ and you turn on the SYNC and hold the button to get instant doubles. And third, you don't need RB in performance mode (or serato club kit) to do anything. Get everything set up in Pro LINK and you could have saved yourself $169

Tu Tran 0 votes

With instant doubles you only need one deck, when DVS (Time code vynil is realseased) when one of your needles picks up dirt or breaks you can play with one deck and other on an internal mode... using instant doubles...this is a conflict for pioneer because you can cheap out and buy one cdj.

I know exactly how my gear works. You don't! Instant doubles works on a cdj2000 on a pro link but not in performance mode. Performance mode has features i wanna mess with like the customisable effects pads. So how about you stop confusing the situation and leave me try get an answer. Thanks

So will there be an instant doubles feature for when ur not on a controller.

Ed Callanan 0 votes

I still don't know what you mean by conflict. Do you think a CD player will actually play two songs at the same time? Do you think one car will take you to two places at the same time? Instant doubles works by loading two (yes two) virtual decks from a computer, not one! You can control as many decks as any software allows with one controller through different MIDI pages. How it works in Serato is you literally drag a track on onto another deck with your mouse (or MIDI assignment) and switch your fader to that deck, then load you next track on the deck you're controlling. You know this already, but do you understand that you're controlling two decks using one controller with a mouse or MIDI assignment? And who cares about needles and picking up dirt and it being broken, you don't have turntables.

CDJ's aren't controllers by design, they're CD+Rekordbox players. You paid Serato $169 for the privilege of letting them allow you to map out their features on the CDJ. If you want the same for RBDJ, you're going to have to wait just like everyone else if and when they give you that feature. If you want to keep up with the latest and greatest from RBDJ including effects and instant doubles, then fork out the money and support them 100 percent by buying the RX/RZ. instead of taking a jab at someone That's what RBDJ designed for. If not, stick with your Serato and hang around until you know RBDJ will do the things you want it to do.

Tu Tran 0 votes

You have zero idea what your talking about buddy...how u even came up with the assumption i don't have turntables is pretty amazing if not incorrect. Leave pioneer answer.

Ed Callanan 0 votes

Because you mentioned you use CDJ2000NXS and DJM-900. You did not mention you have turntables.

Tu Tran 0 votes

I don't understand what your deal is? Instant doubles works on controllers, not on your CDJ2000 because custom MIDI assignment is not possible at this time, and moving a track playing on a deck to another deck is not possible at this time. Moreover, DVS isn't even available yet so why are turntables a part of the question again? You're question was whether instant doubles are available and I gave you the answer. If you would tell me what gear you are using and what you are trying to achieve in the first place, I wouldn't be explaining all of this to you.

Tu Tran 0 votes

And watch the damn video. Serato has TWO virtual decks going. I already watched this when it was first explained a long time ago. You drag a track that is playing onto another deck, fade to it, then control the deck you want using your single unit. How hard is this to understand?

Tu Tran 0 votes

I have a djm909, djm900nxs, djm800, 2x1210md3 2x1210mks, DDj-sx2, Xdj-Rx, 4 cdj200nxs, 2xcdj2000, 2x Plx-1000 & djm s9 (on Order), Rane 62, SL1 & SL4 and a whirlpool dishwasher...but i don't see why thats important, i just wanna know if Instant doubles will be made a function in (IN) the program (not from hardware).

Think ill just skip the forum in future and just get my local pioneer dealer to deal with the answers to questions i didn't ask.

Ed Callanan 0 votes

I fully agree that instant doubles, right now I have to say all this big fuss of this software is a joke, come to think about it really non of the software out there I am that impressed with right now. Traktor doesn't support half the features of cdj brake speed etc, serato looks awful doesn't sound that good either tbh no deep richness about it unlike traktor. And now rekordbox dj, ask 4 money b4 its even ready, who ever beta tested this needs a slap and who ever decided october was a good time to launch this is truly daft, obvious that pioneer dj has been bought over cos pioneer wouldn't let their standards slip like this. Sick fed up of pioneer fan boys biggin up half finished software that should have been brought out christmas or new year. Here's a few features this software needs (lets face it tho its only been out a couple of weeks but still) Instant doubles, wave forms on cdj's, midi mapping (which may be on its way) al give rekordbox this tho the organising in it is next to none. Don't balls it up pioneer, at the end of the day when rekordbuddy 2 is launched there won't be much between all of the software out there

Leewardlaw 0 votes

this is mental absolutely mental, Pulse u tell those engineers to hurry it up chap, why would someone part from their money to get less than what they are already getting (talking about serato) if u really wanna save urself the trouble allow the novation dicer, no longer is the dicer an exclusive as traktor users can use it. Here's the whole pioneer research approach and market searching make a software that looks like serato, but falls short put a pioneer logo on it and pay a whole load of people to say its this its that, that bs man. Who ever works on ur software department and does research needs sacked this is a daft error why rush in, just to get money and annoy people why not release it when its ready not half build this is the whole problem with the industry hype but no follow through sort it out. If I was working for pioneer first thing is I would have grabbed 3 djs, a plain old mixing dj, a hybrid dj and a full on turntablist and sat down round a table and have said okay what r u using, not a whole bunch of pioneer fan boys with cdjs, failed to hit the mark big time. And if the plan is to just allow people to hold on and wait til next year am afraid ur sadly mistaken it ain't good enough first thing you should have done was not bring out something new like the rx and rz (what a waste of money) u should have concentrated on the software first instead if saying well u get nowt feature wise unless u get one of our new controllers (rx Rz) oh and ur 2000 quid cdjs btw won't have wave forms haha what a joke feel sorry 4 people buying into the ddj rz if u buy that and this software is a flop u have wasted 1500 quid on crap no one else will want and nothing else can be used with it.

Leewardlaw 0 votes

pulse the answer is midi mapping on cdjs to allow customisation

Leewardlaw 0 votes

@Leewardlaw > The focus for the engineers on hardware was not to include non-Pioneer hardware. Clearly, they're supporting an excellent lineup of Pioneer CDJs, XDJs and DDJs as well as introducing new hardware to integrate with the software.

I'm sorry the software doesn't meet your needs, but clearly you've identified that there are other options available and we encourage DJs to use the best tools suited to their needs.

Pulse 0 votes

SO in other words pioneer don't wanna be competitive, at the end of the day u guys don't even support the ddj sp1 with rekordbox dj, thats a joke. AS I said to someone else even with cdj 2000 3 hotcues ain't enough. I thought pioneer would have just a little more savvy about them I mean they have copied serato in every other way. Midi is a universal thing pulse, how many pioneer things is there out for hot cues and effects controls apart from going down the route of all in ones, just the ddj sp1. If ur going to do something go all the way or just don't do it atall and tbh it sounds half arsed u don't wanna be saying to people we encourage djs to use tools best suited to them u make ur product that good that it suits all. Every dvs has a unique selling point but non are suited for every one, this potentially could be u don't get into a heavy market just to get a few customers and be like oh go else where if ur not happy, u make an industry defining product. Its well obvious pioneer has gone down the tubes what the heck a xdj 700, the xdj 1000 has been out not long and if ur going to bring out something why bring out a mini me cos people like smaller wheels on their controllers, if so they would go with the s4

Leewardlaw 0 votes

Do you still not see the conflict of hardware & software being made by same company? Good djs are creative...they won't adopt a platform that has them limited to bedroom dj functions. Yer effects pads are awesome...lets hope serato take a leaf outta yer book and just copy it.

Serato 4 life...im out xx

Ed Callanan 0 votes

as a famous dragon from dragons den once said, I'M OUT this is just not something I can 'Invest' in

Leewardlaw 0 votes