Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

9 followers Follow

Rekordbox 4.0 not working with XDJ-RX via LAN

I've read through most of the threads and tried pretty much everything mentioned... I've disabled my firewall and even turned it back on but allowed everything to pass through that is required. I've updated my firmware etc. but nothing seems to work

Rekordbox seems to recognise my RX, but when i click "link" the players show up Green and won't accept any tracks being loaded into them.

This seems to be since i granted access via the firewall, as prior to that, they showed up like normal but I just got the "Loading" message on my RX when trying to load a track... help!!

Ben Davenport

Please sign in to leave a comment.

34 comments

Hi
I have the same issue.
Still awaiting for a reply. I have a laptop no ethernet. So I got a USB to ethernet adapter.
What firewall or setting do you do to get the link button up. As I don't see the link button at all.

When I plug my USB lead in with the ethernet adapter
I get USB device not recognised. All firewall and sharing is off. Wifi is off. Still no link button. Any idea
Can you help
Andy

Andy Jacques 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Hi everyone,

HAD exactly the same problem. Spent several hours trawling forums trying everything out - turning off firewalls, wifi etc. It worked fine on my old laptop but not my new one so definitely isn't an issue with the ethernet cable provided.

Anyway the magic formula for me was to turn off the firewalls, give the 4 programs mentioned earlier full control i.e. go into processes, right click, properties, security, edit and tick the box full control. Then I ran Rekordbox in admin and it now works fine. I've actually kept my wifi on, network doesn't seem to be an issue.

Hope that's of some use.

Thanks

Richard Aitken 0 votes

@Richard aitken.

What that ethernet to USB adapter or straight ethernet.

Andy

Andy Jacques 0 votes