Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

OSX El Capitan?

Any info on WHEN we will be able to use DDJ-SZ & Serato on OS X El Capitan? I Updated yesterday and I was going nuts over that didn't work.. :(

Oliver Schönqvist

Please sign in to leave a comment.

10 comments

Pioneer does not announce unfortunately when they will update the drivers. Rolling back to Yosemite is not an option for me, so my SZ stays in its flightcase. And that's a shame!

Dirk Christiaens 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

@Oliver > Both Pioneer and Serato have notices on their websites warning users NOT to update to El Cap if you need to be able to perform with their products.

Pulse 0 votes

Bad luck for me than for now. I bought a new laptop with El Capitan on it. I received my brand new DDJ SZ today and cannot use it at all. Serato 1.7.8 runs fine on my SL2 interface on El Capitan. It's just the controller which doesn't work. Message in the DDJ-SZ Setting Utility: There is a problem with the driver configuration. Please re-install the drivers. I tried that, but doesn't work. So OK, we have to wait, but hopefully not too long.

Dirk Christiaens 0 votes

Today 22 October I updated to the latest update of El Capitan 10.11.1. Same issue. DDJ-SZ is dead. When can we have a resurrection party?

Dirk Christiaens 1 vote

I guess I will purchase Traktor S8. Serato & Pioneer is not doing anything, at least they could provide feedback about whats going on. Have an expensive brick at home named DDJ SZ.

Shahin MURADOV 0 votes

@Shahin > Doing nothing? Yeah, you're probably right. They're probably sitting back thinking about never providing updates for anything, just laughing all the way to the bank with your money and never considering future purchases at all. Ever.

Seriously though, they ARE working on getting the updates tested and released, it takes time!

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse, at least some updates about ongoing work could be useful for us. Hope it will not last till 2016.

Shahin MURADOV 0 votes

Looks like all the Numark (and Denon) stuff has been updated and working with El Capitan.

Come on Pioneer, what are you waiting for?

Balvinder Bhandari 0 votes