Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 followers Follow

[Solved] El Capitan with Rekordbox?

Is there any update on this? Can I upgrade to El Capitan on my Mac and expect to be able to connect to rekordbox via series link.

I read a post before stating an issue with rekordbox DJ and El Capitan. I don't use the new DJ function in rekordbox , so can anyone confirm that it is safe to upgrade to El Capitan and expect to be able to use the link function connecting xdj rx to my Mac after upgrade.

Thanks

Declan McKeown

Please sign in to leave a comment.

16 comments

DO NOT UPGRADE TO OS X 10.11.

Pioneer does not recommend it at this time and is not providing support until drivers and software can be verified.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

if you have a Time Machine backup just restore your system as i did :D

DVJ Mito 0 votes

Ive been using 10.11 from the start (since I already had it installed) I don't seem to be having any more issues than anyone else, (DDJ SX2) but I also understand I won't get any support yet, so I haven't posted up any issues that I have had (most of which covered by others anyway) If your desperate to upgrade to 10.11 (no huge changes to be honest) you could backup as suggested above, or install on a 2nd partition for testing purposes :)

Rob Temple -1 votes

Thank u both for the replies- think il hold off on upgrading yet

Declan McKeown 0 votes

any latest news and official updates from Pioneer DJ regarding Osx El-Capitan?? i cant wait to update my OSX to El Capitan but NI advice that some hardware still not compatible with OSX El Capitan.
Im using Traktor S8,Audio 10,Audio 8 ,X1 MK2 controller and Z1 mixer...when in club most of time i using Traktor on HID Mode either on CDJ2000,CDJ2000nexus,CDJ900,CDJ900nexus and most of the DJM mixers that can be use on HID Mode with Traktor.
Any of you guys there using same items/set up like me but on OSX El Capitan?? need your feedback a.s.a.p!!

im using macbook pro mid 2012,Osx Yosemite 10.10.5, 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3...

Khaidir Jaafar 0 votes

@Khaidir > Please refrain from posting the same information to several questions across the forums.

Pulse 0 votes

already clone my previous on OSX Yosemite set up...found this..hope its works..

So guys! Traktor is working with El Capitan with a litte Workaround.
1: Update to El Capitan
2: Restart Mac and press CMD + "R" while booting
3: Go into Terminal and Type: "csrutil disable"
4: Restart your Mac
5: Enjoy all Denon, Pioneer and NI Soundcards with El Capitan!
(I think other Cards should work too, i just tested with DJM 750, Denon DN-X 600, DDJ-SB, NI S4)
Greetz!
(Make sure, that you know that every Programm can access to the System Data now so care about that!)

Khaidir Jaafar 0 votes

@ Khaidir Jaafar THIS WORKS THANK YOU SO MUCH! I HAVE DISABLES IT AND RE-INSTALL THE DRIVER AND IT FINALLY OPENS!

Desmond Chan 0 votes

@Desmond Chan need ur feedback..what equipments are you using??

Khaidir Jaafar 0 votes

I would really avoid disabling crsutil - you throw away all security in your OS.

Yves Smolders 0 votes

Or... keep it enabled and install the new driver that works with El Cap...

Pulse 0 votes