Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

8 followers Follow

Reset 30 Trial for RekordBox DJ?

Now that DDJ-SZ drivers are out, can you please give us a new 30-day trial of RekordBox DJ or, better, GIVE us a license for it, given the hassle of no drivers for 6 weeks. =)

Ethan Miller

Official comment

Sorry, there is no way to extend the license for you and I expect the reason using a second email address failed is a file or registry entry to note that the software had previously been registered.

Pulse
Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

16 comments

I tryied with another mail adress and didn't work. Did it work for you? and how? I even unsubscribed from kuvo and subscribed with new mail but nothing.. :\

Dj Giannis Mavridis 0 votes

Yikes, it just really seems like Pioneer isn't much attached to customer loyalty. There is seriously no promotional license code that could be given to customers like us? I've been buying your kit for YEARS, high end kit, too. Mixers, CDJs, DDJs and you're not willing to do anything to make our lives a little easier here? It's just nutty. I don't get it.

Ethan Miller 0 votes

@Ethan > Sorry, I'm just passing along the information I'm given. Unfortunately there are no free licenses available and trial extensions are not possible.

Pulse 0 votes

Pulse@ How long we got to wait for the montly subscription?

Dennis Olivieira 0 votes

@Dennis > I was told it may be December before the monthly option is available, but I'm not sure if that date is still when they expect it to be open for subscription.

Pulse 0 votes

Just tell us how to delete the licensing information so we can generate a new trial license. Then nothing has to be done your end.

Olly Downing 0 votes

@Olly > You want us to provide instructions on resetting / bypassing the trial so you can indefinitely run the trial? Sorry, that's not going to happen.

Pulse 0 votes

@Pulse I didn't say anything about doing it indefinitely. Another option could be to give those affected a free month now the monthly subscription has been released?

Olly Downing 0 votes

Sorry, Pioneer was working hard to release the drivers in a timely manner, but unfortunately there is no ability to extend or renew the 30 day trial license.

Pulse 0 votes

I installed the software a while ago but was too busy to properly test it. Now the trial period has expired so I can only judge the software on what people say on the Internet. Many comments saying it's a POS. Maybe I should directly upgrade to Traktor 3 and get NI's Traktor S4 mk3.

Seriously, a 30 day trial is just completely stupid. Instead, release a trial version that beeps/cuts out the output signal every 3 minutes or something along those lines. The software would stay fully functional indefinitely, and yet be unusable for dropping a set because of the timed interruptions.

Manuel Fernandez 0 votes

Even more stupid is the fact that if you tested Rekordbox v3.x and didn't like it, you won't be able to test v5.x which may be totally different. How do I know, then, if the new version meets the needs the old version failed to? Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Manuel Fernandez 0 votes