Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

10 followers Follow

Key

Please add an option to add a camelot style option for track keys. Makes selecting songs with the same harmonics easier than trying to memorize if B Major will harmonize with E Major and so on.

http://www.djingtips.com/sites/default/files/styles/extra_large/public/images/camelot_wheel_0.jpg

SLACK3RRR

Please sign in to leave a comment.

20 comments

it is not possible to work with keys. i've overwritten the rekordbox keys several times with the mixed in key numbers, but rekordbox is not saving the numbers (or just a few).
now i'm using the "comment" column for the key, but then the "related tracks" funcion doesn't work... i lost so much time for overwriting and it's frustating that i can't use the key/related tracks functions properly

Junus Celebi 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

you must refesh the tags in rekordbox dj with the right mouse klick ! ;)

beany 0 votes

but a good point: i have to refresh the tags every time to see my "camelot key tags" in the comment column, over and over again... (tracks from my collection, not from itunes)

Junus Celebi 0 votes

But the Camalot function is a must in a modern software!

So Pioneer .... make it !!!!

beany 0 votes

I use Mixed in Key and I over-write the KEY field and it shows up just fine on all 9000+ songs in Rekordbox. I never have to refresh or anything.

Mike Sinclair 0 votes

so i'm the only one with this problem? it's strange because everytime i close rekordbox, i have lost about 75% of the Key/comment information the next time i open rekordbox.
using 4.0.4, mac pro retina, 10.10.5 yosemite :(

Junus Celebi 0 votes

I definitely agree, a camalot function would be a huge improvement.

Fredrik Orre 0 votes

AFAIK the reason Camelot notation is not used is it requires licensing.

Glad to see the rainbow wheel I made years ago is still in rotation. ;)

Pulse 0 votes

+1

I prefer the way how key works in Serato DJ with color coded key-values in the chamelot format. Both Traktor and Serato have this, so you should be able to license it as well. Make it a separate plus pack. Many Serato users will not switch until you can get this.

Thanks for a great software!

Fredrik Malm 0 votes

+1

Chamelot key analysis would be a great feature to add. If the "traffic light" colour coding system from CDJs made it into the software too (to show compatible keys) that would also be amazing.

entro 0 votes

Again, Camelot notation requires licensing, just like NTFS does, which is why it's also not in use for USB devices.

Pulse 0 votes

I understand that it requires licensing. So Pioneer would need to sign an agreement and pay Mixed in Key a certain amount? I mean, if Serato and Mixvibes can afford it... ;)

entro 0 votes

Would you want to pay more for your Pioneer DJ products as a result?

Pulse 0 votes

I would pay for this feature.
Make the price slightly higher or make it as an optional plus pack.

This feature is what's holding me back from switching from Serato.
I think that the Camelot notation is just as essential as BPM.

Fredrik Malm 0 votes

I agree I would pay another 200$ for this option and maybe even more. I just paid 3000 for the DDJ-SZX. Please make this a option!!

events 0 votes

I would also pay more for the software. I perform over 14 events (corp., weddings, mitzvahs, and schools) every week. Money s not a problem. Having a software that works is the key for me. I think your software mixing sounds the best over all softwares. But it lacks some of the features that your competitors have. Camelot is one of these features. I have over 200000 songs and using "mixed in key" would take me forever. Also I also have Promo Only so downloading over 200+ songs a month. Thank you for the great software please just add a little more features and it will be amazing!

events 0 votes

I WAS NOT PROMPTED TO ENTER LICENCE KEY. GONE INTO SETTINGS THE WRBSITE IS NOT OPENING. IS THAT A WAY FOR ME TO GET AROUND THIS
THANKS.
GEORGE

George Chikoore 0 votes

@George > Please create a new post and provide a few more details than you have included here and we'll be happy to assist you with whatever the issue may be you're experiencing.

Pulse 0 votes