Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

10 followers Follow

Spotify on Rekordbox!

I use Rekordbox almost every day and i love it. I am a mobile DJ, and like every one of us got the same experienc about people ask for songs. Thers so many times i just wish that rekordbox did support Spotify (like Djay 2) that would save me a ton of work. (Find the song on my mobile, connect it to DJM-900 with rca ti 3.5 jack and then play, no beat match. Argh!)

i would love rekordbox to add spotify. Pleas do. Djay 2 did it so why not Rekordbox?

AnyID

Post is closed for comments.

16 comments

When I occasionally get requests that I don't have, I'll download them on my computer from iTunes or the internet and then import them into Rekordbox DJ on the fly. You should do that too :)

cpoynter -1 votes
Comment actions Permalink

sorry for reviving an old post. I think we should give it another try.

Yes, we know it is illegal to use Spotify for events or clubs. But it would be perfect for testing tracks at home without recording or anything else (and this sounds like personal use to me), just to try before you buy tracks.(please don´t come up with Pulselocker now)

And also Mentioned in the Link from @Pulse:

However, Spotify has granted the use of its service within DJ software (Algoriddim's djay 2 and djay Pro, Pacemaker app).

So it is possible ;-)

Francesco Le Donne 0 votes

Then what will you do for those using RB in export mode? It would be way more interesting for Spotify to have a direct link to iTunes :-)

Christophe Platteeuw 0 votes

As i understood, if you have DJ-Link Setup like to CDJ-2000 or like me 2xXDJ-700 you can connect Computer and XDJs with Ethernetswitch and play music from Rekordbox on the Computer??

Hehe since Apple has its own music streaming service, i don´t think they will integrate spotify in Itunes.

Francesco Le Donne 0 votes

Francesco Le Donne I mean a "buy on itunes" link on Spotify.  I use Spotify to preview the full length of a track, since I can only hear 30 seconds in iTunes before I buy :-)

Christophe Platteeuw 0 votes

Pulselocker isn't available in Greece! Please do something with spotify! Thank you!

giannis mavridis 0 votes

But will it happen sometime in the future?? It is very important for some djs. Serato has this feature too. Thank you again @Pulse!

giannis mavridis 0 votes

Serato does not integrate Spotify, only Pulselocker. Spotify licensing does not allow for commercial use.

Pulse 0 votes

Hmm I thought had it. anyway. At least try to make pulselocker available to all countries because in greece for example isn't available.

giannis mavridis 0 votes

Pioneer I am grateful for a robust product lineup and every time I DJ i feel amazing after using your equipment. It is first rate and I love it.

According to DJ magazine website djmag.com Beatport purchased the remaining resources of Pulselocker from whomever was selling after the Spotify thing. So as of April 15th 2018 it seems imminent that there will be some combination of Beatport and Pulselocker - with or without Spotify. 

<<<<<----warning: speculation to follow--->>>>>>

However

Denon has yet to weigh in on the whole streaming license concept. The more popular Denon seems to become the more likely the Engine software will need to adapt to a streaming platform. If Denon and Spotify join forces, then Pioneer you guys are in trouble. When they do, I will buy a Denon setup.

Plus

Algoriddim streaming Spotify is perfect for those tough venues which (as a DJ) tend to become request-heavy because of people thinking they have a better idea of what sounds good at an event. I struggle with the layout of the software and with the notchy feel of the controllers though, and wish it was more geared towards professionals rather than hobbyists. I also feel that Rekordbox sounds better even with the same files.

In MY opinion

dJay Pro is a suitable solution for these types of events. I also ask my audience to create playlists on Spotify prior to an event to help me understand my audience better. Hearing the voice of the audience is part of being a music performer. What better way than to let them tell me their musical desires through a cloud service during an event (but hopefully prior so I can prepare).

And so

Pioneer, please include Spotify in future versions of Rekordbox. If Beatport and Pulselocker get something better please include that also.

warm & kind regards XOXO

Your loyal Rekordbox-DJ and CDJ/XDJ/DDJ equipment user:

DJ Welchi

Welchi 1 vote

Make it happen Pioneer, it would be an incredible feature to have available!!

David O'Donohoe 0 votes

For those single moments you need to have a certain song, I use Algoriddm DJAY Pro with Spotify parallel and next to Rekordbox, both opened on my Macbook Pro. As soon as you switch to the DJAY Pro software your controller will (partly) control DJAY Pro.

Theo 0 votes

I'll say what is still known from their terms-of-service: Spotify licensing does not allow for commercial use. I'm not sure what arrangement Algoriddim has with Spotify for their implementation of the service within djay, but we have no plans for Spotify integration at this time.

@Theo > We certainly don't recommend opening two DJ software applications simultaneously due to a potential conflict in device control. There may be undesirable or negative functions that occur as a result.

Pulse 1 vote