Most issues with the XDJ-R1 has not been fixed with the latest firmware update.
- THE XDJ-R1 is still unable to read more categories than ARTIST, ALBUM, TRACK, BPM, PLAYLIST, FOLDER. When searching by BPM, you can't make it search for example 100BPM +-2 so everything between 98-102 is covered. This is, as far as I know, possible with all other Pioneer Products and this major issue has not been fixed with the latest firmware. Pioneer has stated that this should be possible, however, it is not. For more information, see topic here:
- Cue memory recall not possible with the latest firmware (except hot cues), despite Pioneer has told us it should be possible, see topic here:
- The Sync function problem has not been fixed with firmware 1.0.5 This means, for example, remote mixing with remotebox is not an option since you then have to rely on the sync function. see topic here:
- A few other major problems that aren't fixed in firmware 1.0.5 are:
- Track’s load, but are unable to play
- After a certain time, the XDJ-R1 states that rekordbox analysed tracks no longer are analysed, which makes the quantize and sync functions impossible to use for more and more tracks on the usb-stick the more you’re out playing. A detailed description of the 2 problems just described can be find in my comment from July 30 in this topic:
In Summary, The XDJ-R1 has potential, but all the major problems with this product (still not fixed with the 1.0.5 firmware update) makes it unusable at the moment. Go for the DDJ SX if the problems with the XDJ-R1 isn't fixed.