Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

6 followers Follow

[Solved] Connecting CDJ-2000's to Rekordbox DJ performance mode

Hi!

I just looked at the manual and can't find the answer to with what cables should I connect the two CDJ's to my Macbook Air. Are those black lines USB or LAN cables? (in manual on page 132, section 5.1.2)

On page 133 there is a picture showing how to connect 4 CDJ's to a DJM mixer and a computer. Again what cables are those black lines?

Thank you.

Gunnar Tamm Answered

Please sign in to leave a comment.

7 comments

Thank you for your feedback.

When you use Export mode:
connect via LAN cable. USB cables are not supported.

When you use Performance mode:
connect via USB cable. LAN cables ares not supported.
After the connection, press LINK button of CDJ-2000 to operate.

Aso 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thank you.

One more question ... just to clarify, when in performance mode and CDJ's are connected via USB, do I have to install CDJ Aggregator Tool also on my mac?

Gunnar Tamm 0 votes

So I've read the manual. I have the DJM 900 nexus2 and two CDJ 2000s nxs2 connected together on an Ethernet switch. I just plug one USB cable from my computer into the mixer, install the driver for the mixer only, and then it works great in performance mode.

My question is, does this work for older CDJs or only for the nexus2 and mixer nexus2. Do I have to use three USB cables for older models, I.e. One USB cable to each CDJ 2000 and one to a DJM 900 mixer nexus?

James Scanlon 0 votes

Hi,

Just to confirm is it possible to use RecordBox DJ with cdjs using just two usb cables with an older mixer such as Djm 800? In that case I would need to use the aggregator and connect the audio output directly from the cdjs to the mixer. 

This would make life much easier when compared to serato where you need to use an SL interface. 

Looking forward to your thoughts. 

Best
Sho

Shoby Artist 0 votes

@Shoby > Yes; the CDJ drivers automatically aggregate and you can send the audio signal from each deck in rekordbox to a separate CDJ output, to connect to your DJM.

Pulse 0 votes