Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

DDJ-SX2 + Rekordbox 4.0 (Crash)

Hello!
I deleted by the license Rekordbox DJ 4.0 as I have a school DJ`s with various products such as Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus, DDJ-SZ ...
In tests with the SX2 Rekordbox DJ in Performance mode unexpectedly quits or just hangs and stops responding!
Macbook Pro i5 (Model 9.2) with 16 GB of DDR3 RAM and 1TB SSD 1600 (Samsung 850 Pro) and running Yosemite 10.10.5.
In Serato DJ 1.7.8 on the same Mac in the same controlling everything works 100%.
The fader volumes even changing the curves are very rough compared with Serato DJ or a DJM 900 Nexus.
The LEDs with a very slow response! I noticed that if you change the CFX and uses the Software lock faster!
I did a quick little test with the DDJ-SZ on the same computer and everything seems to work much better! The volume of the canals works much like Serato DJ and Leds with a better response although not 100%
The program created error logs but when trying to open my Mac says have no program that can open the same!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A9J--N73rI

DJ Ronaldo Holanda

Please sign in to leave a comment.

22 comments

@PRODEEJAY > Are you running any other software that might be compromising the performance of the software? In tests here on similar hardware I have not experienced any of what you describe.

Pulse 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

No! Only Rekordbox DJ! No Wi Fi, no Bluetooth! Only Rekordbox DJ with Mac connected at the source usually!

DJ Ronaldo Holanda 0 votes

CPU usage in Rekordbox virtually no lights! For the computer all shown very light! Including the response in Jogs is good!

Does it make any difference if you adjust it higher or lower?

Pulse 0 votes

No! Only the USB controller! To the external monitor that I use for HDMI is off!

No - I mean why did you send your Instagram link? What are you wanting to show? I only understand English and French so I have no idea what you're saying in your videos.

Pulse 0 votes

In the YouTube video you may notice that compare Serato DJ 1.7.8 running smoothly! And since with rekordbox DJ on the same Mac operation of Leds totally disproportionate to the accompaniment of music! The with entirely foreign behavior as very rude in any setting on any channel! In Instagram of videos show the rekordbox DJ caught! In the second video Instagram can see that change to another MacBook Pro! Mac with the same configuration and the same symptoms! The Rekordbox just does not crash if you use a moderate! Scratches! CFX and multiple decks it freezes! And using the same hardware with the same Macs with perfect operation in Serato DJ!

Detail in Serato DJ get to use lower latencies than 512 without any of these symptoms!

Please try using a different login profile to see if you get the same issues. If you do not have another login, please create one.

Tu Tran 0 votes

@PRODEEJAY > I've asked our engineers to address this for you.

Pulse 0 votes

@PRODEEJAY > Could you please try setting the waveform drawing rate to MEDIUM in the preferences?

Pulse 0 votes

Were you able to try the waveform drawing at the MEDIUM setting?

Pulse 0 votes

I put the configuration of the waveform over medium! The locking stopped but I am not happy! That same Macbook Pro I use Serato DJ using at 60 frames which by the way is much more fluid. The Waveform Rekordbox DJ seems like 30 frames or less. Strange because I change high, medium or low and not
is remarkable how this change when I perform this change in Serato DJ. I have another Mac which is a Macbook Pro Retina 15 with 16GB RAM and dedicated video 2GB and it is the same! Already I upgraded to 4.0.1 but I saw great improvements! So far only managed to make him stop close but still has many bugs! Test stop at Jog music making Scratchs Tears with the Key Lock active the program releases crackling audio in any lag! When the key lock is deactivated for this to occur! The same test with the same track in Serato DJ nothing happens!