Have a feature request or suggestion? Post your idea here!

3 followers Follow

External hard drive not always showing up in devices or explorer tree

Hi,

My library is stored on a Samsung 1TB Portable SSD. All of the music is shown in Collection and is accessible, but any drive I connect only sometimes shows up so I can access files from it?

I am running Rekordbox off a Macbook Pro 13" Retina Display 128SSD.

Steve Wildman

Please sign in to leave a comment.

16 comments

Lotta peeps having this issue. With my Windows laptops it shows up sometimes. With My Macs I have yet to have my externals show up. Luckily I have my entire collection done by Rekord Buddy so I have it all showing up.

Deejay Dave 0 votes
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks for the reply mate. I couldn't find another thread where anybody else was having the same issue? Even when my external does eventually show up all of the folders are in a random order and not easy to find anything! I'm just glad I haven't purchased it yet!

Steve Wildman 0 votes

Thanks for the heads up mate. Although there would be no negative comments if they hadn't released broken software! I will be staying with Serato for the foreseeable future.

Steve Wildman 0 votes

I don't know what issues you're having, I've connected USB2, USB3, FW drives externally all without issue in rekordbox 3 and 4 (OS X 10.10).

Pulse 0 votes

I had ZERO issues connecting my hard drives as well but I did all my library work in previous RB versions and using third party software. Did you add your music with Rekordbox DJ or an earlier version of Rekordbox?

Perhaps this may explain a bit. Am I doing something wrong or missing something? https://www.dropbox.com/s/0q1tfw2wj85zq17/2015-10-05%2019.01.42.jpg?dl=0 Notice the two "devices" were selected and facing down hence the devices should show up yet the field is empty? Also notice the hard drive itself and Finder showing it IS connected? Also notice the 45,000 file library with all music with ALL cue points present and working?

Now this https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewwvhx3ic3ynb6w/2015-10-05%2019.01.56.jpg?dl=0 Notice how the "Device" option shows up as "No choice". I would imaging the HDD itself should be showing up there, no?

As I said I have no issues with any of my music but Rekordbox DJ itself was of NO help with this. Does this explain anything or am I doing something wrong?

Deejay Dave 0 votes

What happens if you toggle to PERFORMANCE mode and back to EXPORT mode?

Pulse 0 votes

Nothing happens. Furthermore here is a screenshot of the "File Explorer" again not showing the HDD when it should.

BTW This is on an entirely different MacBook Pro with a different OS (This is Mavericks the first post was Yosemite) and an entirely different HDD. They are both large (30k plus files) and both have all the music show up via methods mentioned above. Neither are showing up but as shown in the Serato forum post this is not just me anyways.

@ Pulse does your external HDD/'s show up in the areas I posted about?

Deejay Dave 0 votes

And do those people posting to the Serato forum expect to get help? ;)

rekordbox 4:

rekordbox 3:

The drive PULSE is an HFS+ formatted external SSD connected via USB3, the drive RAGEXT is a FAT32 formatted USB2 flash drive.

Pulse 0 votes

Hah point taken but TBH I helped them and they are currently up and running with a full library but this is using a workaround with the .XML importing option. What are you suggesting I do to get the drive/s to show up. To be clear the first set of pics were:

2012 13" MacBook Pro 2.9 GHZ Dual Core I7 16 GB RAM 500 GB SSD using Lacie 1 TB via Thunderbolt

The screenshot was:

2013 15" MacBook Pro 2.7 GHZ Quad Core I7 16 GB RAM 1 TB SSD using G Drive Slim 1 TB vua USB 3.0

Quick Question: Are you using the same 4.0.0.0041 public build as we are?

Deejay Dave 0 votes

Oh yeah both are formatted to Fat32 and furthermore I when using on PC the drive/s show up with no issues.

Deejay Dave 0 votes

OK if you hear anything please let me know. Again I am able to workaround this at will so by all means I am not a top priority. Thanks again.

Deejay Dave 0 votes

Please try the following:

1. Launch Terminal in the Utilities below the Applications on Mac.
  2. Type "diskutil list" in the field.
  3. Copy the result shown there and paste it here.
Pulse 0 votes